Chapter 49

The Final Battle - Part 2

---

Normal POV

Some Moments Before...

"What? You had a dream about Kayano?" Karma asked in surprise. He was bewildered by Nagisa's sudden confession of having Kayano on his dreams, which isn't suppose to be a problem. But this was the first time Nagisa had ever told him anything like this, so he was taken a bit shocked.

"Yeah, but don't take it the wrong way." As soon as Nagisa expressed this with embarrassment, it soon turned into a frown and he looks away from him while his face showed a dark side.

"It wasn't any sweet dream at all. It was a nightmare." Nagisa lowers the tone of his voice as he stares down the river.

To be precise, a small river. Kinda like a stream if it were to be called at this point. Both him and Karma were leaning atop on a rail of a wooden bridge found on a nearby shrine while the clean and clear stream strolls underneath them.

The cold breeze blows pass them as the two of them continued to talk.

"Okay, I'm sorry I took it the wrong way. If you don't want to remember that nightmare of yours, then stop talking about it." Karma apologized and gave Nagisa an option to stop talking about his dreams.

But Nagisa shakes his head and continues to stare down at the river.

"No, it's okay. I want to get rid of this feeling, that's why I wanted to talk to you about this." Nagisa said.

"Alright sure. But don't say I didn't warn you."

"Yeah."

A few moments of silence fills their atmosphere as Nagisa was trying to figure out where he should start.

Finally, after regaining his courage, he took in oxygen and started to speak.

"My memory's still fuzzy and all, but I could still remember the small details."

Karma pays attention as Nagisa starts explaining.

"I was... there. I was just standing and wasn't doing anything at all. At that time, I really wanted to move my body, but I just couldn't bring myself to. It was like I couldn't feel my body at all. However, something... something bad was happening in front of me. No... Way more worse than that. It was Kayano." Nagisa's hands were starting to shake, but he pretends he was doing fine and clutches his hands into a fist in order for Karma not to notice them.

Though, even if Karma did notice them, he'd misinterpret it.

But anyway, as Nagisa was deep in thought, he continued to speak.

"She was... becoming different... It was like, it wasn't her at all. She was there. Standing in front of me as I fell down to my knees. And then, something horrible happened at that time. I couldn't feel it... the pain... but I somehow looked under my chest and there, I found a dark thing penetrated through my body. Blood was coming out from it, but I couldn't feel anything. I looked over Kayano once more, but this time, she said something to me." Nagisa expressed himself while he remained leaning down on the rail.

While Karma was listening, he noticed Nagisa stopping for a bit. He thought to himself that maybe Nagisa was waiting for a response from him, so he went and ask.

"What did she say?" Karma twitched his eyebrows as he asked this question.

Everything about what Nagisa was telling him doesn't make any sense at all. But he convinced himself that what Nagisa was talking about was nothing more than just a scary nightmare. So, he listened more carefully.