Chapter 10 - Part 2

The Moment of Truth

---

Normal POV

The whole class trembled in shock as they, too saw the red gleaming light that felt passed through them to the ground. But nothing happened. Not even a single scratch on the walls. No explosion or something that eroded after that laser strike. They were confused, not knowing what to do but only to stand in fright.

"What...what was that?" Karma was the first to speak as he sweated while trying to understand what just happened and calm down.

"What the hell is going on?!" Terasaka was the second to follow. He was also trembling in fear, not even his sturdiness could bear the shocking feeling.

The whole class stuttered and began to panic. They were so confused on what just happened, they thought it blinded their eyes. They thought it was something that'll affect their bodies, that'll slowly kill them or something.

But there was nothing, not even a feeling, no warning or a sight of a body change. At some point, while bearing this confusion, the green haired girl somehow noticed something and it answered one of her questions.

"Oh no! Korosensei!" She shouted in fear and worry as she realized it was an anti-tentacle laser beam.

The way how she knew this was because she asked herself: why would a red beam of light struck the classroom in a mountain out of nowhere?

Then she got her answer for only a split second. It was probably a newly developed weapon from the government that was merely meant for anti-matter life forms, eliminating extraterrestrial creatures such as Korosensei.

"Korosensei??" Nakamura shouted out after Kayano's amidst reaction.

"What the hell!? Was that from the government!!?" Terasaka was beginning to get pissed, clenching his fists even more.

"But why? We thought that the government decided to let us handle this?!" Isogai summed up after him.

"This is so not fair!" Kataoka blurted as she too couldn't hold herself from complaining.

"What are we gonna do?" Sugino sighed, and the whole class followed at his pace that couldn't do anything but only to stand there and do nothing.

But...

"We can't let them have our target." Kayano clenched her teeth. She was also upset to the realization that the government double-crossed their agreement.

And it's not just that. She was mostly upset to the part where she couldn't say goodbye to their teacher since he meant so much to her now. She was starting to well up tears in her eyes, but with confidence, she held those tears back.

"C'mon! We better find him! He might still be alive!" She wasn't so sure, but confident enough, she saw hope that Korosensei might have avoided that strike. She turned around to look at her classmates that were just standing there, sweating and confused.

"But Kayano, we don't even know what's out there! It could be dangerous!" Kataoka blurted after her.

Knowing the fact that they don't really know what's going on, Kayano stuttered in defeat, losing the hope she found in herself and almost fell into her knees as her head hung down in helplessness.