Chapter 34

The Key to this Game

---

Normal POV

Right after their unexpected discovery, the former class 3E brought the kidnapped American scientist to the ministry of defense which Karma suggested earlier since they don't know what to do with him.

They believe that they'll find Mr. Karasuma and Ms. Irina there, but in this late in the night, they doubt that they'll meet up with them.

However, they took the chance. But unfortunately, only Karma, Nagisa, Ryunosuke, and Rinka were the only ones allowed to enter the ministry since the four of them are working with the government. The rest stayed behind at their hidden SUV, watching at the monitor where Ritsu was trying to relay a footage from Nagisa's phone to them.

Inside the Ministry

Once they were in the building, they went towards the chief of operations room which is Mr. Karasuma's office.

While on the way, Nagisa had a brief conversation with the scientist. Since becoming a teacher earned him an intellect to understand a foreign language, Nagisa was having a normal exchange of words with him. They talked about how tentacle cells were discovered, how it could produce speed, and why it was so dangerous. Well from an experienced's view, Nagisa totally knows how dangerous it is.

However, their conversation ended as they finally reached Mr. Karasuma's office.

A few knock on the door and they eventually heard his voice from the other side. As they went inside, they saw Mr. Karasuma sitting at his chair while wearing a less-surprised expression the moment he saw a foreigner accompanying his former students.

Nagisa explained everything. However, Mr. Karasuma wished to hear the rest from the american scientist, alone, so the four of them were dismissed and sent outside the room.

A few moments later...

"I'm completely confused right now. What do you think why was he down there?" Nagisa started to ask.

"My guess is, they probably used the classroom as a setup." Karma made a hypothetical assumption.

"What do you mean?" Rinka asked.

"Well, I also heard from Asano that he'll be having an interview from someone, but he never told me about who it was and when. So maybe, I think that explains it." Karma briefly explained.

"You mean the taking of the classroom was just an attempt to kidnap a foreign scientist?" Nagisa pointed out his own hypothetical thoughts.

"Maybe. But we don't know the exact reason yet. However, what's best is that now that we have a confidential, we can issue back our classroom in no time." Karma said in reassurance.

The three smiled at Karma's remark. But Nagisa on the other hand went back into deep thought, questioning himself about what exactly is Raikuzan's ulterior motive.

I don't really understand why do they have to take the old campus grounds. However something's suspicious. The renovations made a basement, but I didn't see the exact place yet. Maybe I can find a clue in there.