Chapter 48

The Final Battle - Part 1

---

Normal POV

When Nagisa heard the scream, he immediately ran towards the staircase leading to the upper floor while he worried endlessly.

The scream, the pain, and the familiar voice behind it. He couldn't stop thinking even if there are a lot of possibilities that it wasn't the person he thought it would be.

But he would find out soon enough.

"What's going on?!" Nagisa reached the 3rd floor of the building and met up with the rest.

But while he was running, he noticed that they weren't doing anything nor did they heard him. They were all wearing shocked and frightened faces as they look at the sight in front of them.

When Nagisa stopped and saw it himself, he too was instantly filled with fear. The fear he was trying to avoid, and the fear he was trying to fight back.

"NRGGGHHHHH-AHHHHHHHH!!!" The sound of the zapping electricity roared as a helpless girl was trapped within it's conductor. She screamed in pain once more and tried to endure the pain.

The sight made Nagisa sick, but most of all, he realized who it was.

"KAYANO!!!!" Nagisa shouted her name and couldn't hesitate to stop himself any further.

Neglecting the aftermath, he dived in with his speed break ability and ran towards the person he swore to protect.

Seeing her in pain, her clothes torn apart and being brutally tortured, he tries to reach her with his hand as he ran towards her while time slowed down. But, halfway through, he was stopped.

"?!?" He couldn't use his sixth sense ability to sense the incoming attack, and thus, he was knocked away from the ground and was sent flying towards the walls.

"Wha-?! What just happened?!" One of the people behind started to move while he was surprised at the sudden explosion in front of them.

Sugino was the first one to react while the others remained in confusion. Time happened to go back to normal eventually when Nagisa was struck by an unknown entity from the opposite side.

As the smoke cleared away, Nagisa was seen to be trapped by a dark tentacle. He was wrapped around it, making it futile for him to resist.

"Well well well. I didn't quite expect that one coming." The torture wheel had stopped from electrifying Kayano and a voice suddenly came out of nowhere.

A man revealed himself in the midst of all, and stood right in front of them with a daring suit.

"Wh-who are you?!" Karma was being intense. He was confused, but he was staring at him like a wild lion would.

"Me? I'm Klein Hatsuzuri. The new leader of the Scarlet Jabberwocky branch in Japan." The man introduced himself in a dark manner.

Everyone froze in shock. This was the man they were after. The one who was behind of everything. Now, he stood before them, unarmed and unguarded.

"So you're him?!" Karma immediately took out his gun in response to his shocked reaction and everyone else followed suite, making their defensive stance.