Chapter 29.1

A Change of Pace

---

Nagisa's POV

"I'm sorry I kept you waiting!" Cried Kayano as she hurriedly ran toward where I was. She was busy holding her summer hat and wore a see-through shirt that was designed with black hexagons and a white slim dress beneath it. Thank goodness though that she was wearing sandals. If she were running in heels, who knows how many times she's gonna fall off.

"I'm late, am I?" Kayano timidly asked as she stopped to recover some of her stamina.

"No, it's okay. I also just got here." I tried to cheer her up.

But suddenly, right after she finished taking a breather, she raised her head with a sulky face, directly looking at me.

"W-What's with that look?" I took a one step back in worry, wondering why she was suddenly angry at me. Did she found out that I lied that I just got here?

But fortunately, I found out that it wasn't the case when she immediately changed her expression at the back of her hand, forming up that usual cheerful smile on her face.

"Oh nevermind. Anyway, let's go!" Kayano happily offers her hand for me to take which I didn't hesitate for long to accept.

"Yeah." I answered as I took her hand and started walking with her in tow.

Yesterday was a bit exhausting, so I decided to go out with Kayano as a change of pace before I can concentrate about the classroom and that mysterious killer last night.

Nevermind about those problems, I'm out here having fun with Kayano. That's the important moment right now, and not gonna lie, I don't want to mess this up. Like really mess this up.

"Ooh! Let's check that place first!" 

I didn't have some kind of a plan on today's have-fun session so I let Kayano decide which place to go. After pointing at it, we went to a British-style café along the shopping district in the city for the first part.

It was my first time visiting a café full of elegant people—drinking tea, coffee and eating other western meal. Truth be told, this isn't my style of atmosphere. It's pretty awkward, but Kayano remained energetic the whole time, so I tried not to be a drag to her and helped her find a table for us to eat.

Switch to Kayano's POV

After our little visit in a café, we head out to our next location—a fashion store.

As usual, I dragged Nagisa inside because he was being hesitant again. But thankfully, he eventually stopped hesitating and went along following me inside.

Meanwhile, just as I was busy browsing fashionable outfits, I heard voices somewhere from the store that somehow mentioned the name of the one accompanying me today.

"Whoa! Nagisa-sensei? Fancy seeing you here!"

When I got curious, I went to sneak a peak from the other side. Just then, I saw Nagisa talking to a group of dark-looking guys that were way taller than him. Although they look like bullies or thugs, they seem to be nice and all when they spoke with Nagisa.

Are those, by any chance, his students?

"Hey~! It's Haruna Masé!" Unfortunately, I was spotted by one of those guys and I instantly flinched due to my cover being thoroughly seen. Crap!