Chapter 42

A Bait for a Bait

---

Nagisa's POV

"I'm heading out, mom!" I walked past the door and made my way down from the 3rd floor of my apartment.

Heading towards the nearest train station, I was finally on my way to the famous high school known as 'Raikuzan'.

But during the trip, I sensed something different. As I looked out from the window to see the view outside, I couldn't find my reflection on the glass. I searched harder, but it really was missing. However, after a few moments, the train had arrived so I tried to forget that that ever happened and departed.

Raikuzan is just a few miles away so walking from here can be managed.

———————————————————

I finally reached the school. But then again, it really is something suspicious. There was no one in the vicinity even though it's Friday. Am I imagining things?

"Oh good, you finally showed up."

Meanwhile, as I was frozen just in front of the school gate, a guy from the guardhouse spoke to me all of a sudden.

But, judging to what he just said, it was probably him who sent the mail.

"Where's Kayano?" I jumped straight to the point.

"Hey, don't rush me. I know you're in a hurry, but relax. I'll hand over the information. But first, you have to follow me." The guy wearing glasses said as he walked towards the gate and opened it.

After that, he gestured me to follow him inside. But, where is he taking me anyway?

Inside the Raikuzan Building...

While I followed the guy across the silent hallways, I was looking all around but it was more quieter than what I witnessed outside. There wasn't a single student or a teacher on each rooms, and there weren't noises happening inside. What the hell is going on, here?

"Hey, where's everyone?" Thinking that things are becoming more weirder than before, I decided to ask the guy walking ahead of me.

But instead of a reply, he suddenly stopped on his tracks and never said something back.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked.

However, assuming that it was hard for him to answer the question, I instantly thought that something dangerous is going on.

But those thoughts were quickly diminished when he finally turned around but wore a reassuring face, and said:

"It's nothing. Come, it's this way." and he started walking again after taking a right turn, leaving me in a confused daze.

He seem like a nice guy to me. I thought to myself before realizing that I was lagging behind and immediately went to catch up with him.

However, I don't really know where he's taking me, so I mustn't let my guard down. After taking a thought about that, I made a little distance away from him but made sure that I don't give any cautious intent or something else is gonna happen.

Though I don't what that is, it's best to be prepared at all times.

---

"Here's the info. I don't really remember who gave me that address, but I think it's up to you to find out."