Chapter 31

The Secret's Revealed

---

Karma's POV

A few hours have passed after our little class reunion, and now, we're all taking lunch in the same restaurant. Basically, we just reserved the whole place, so we don't have to worry about running out of tables. There are a lot of us, after all.

Me, Nagisa, Kayano, Sugino, Kanzaki, and Okuda shared a table together while the others have theirs. Bringing the whole group in one again feels nostalgic while I remember the old times we talked and laughed with each other altogether. But, the mere fact that a lot of years have already passed by made my mindset back to the present and we eventually started taking our lunch.

It was noisy in the restaurant due to the others bragging about different things. But I think this is normal during class reunions, so I have to bear with this noise as much as I can handle.

Time Skip >>>

"Karma? Can I ask you a favor?" After our lunch break ended and we were all going back to our own homes, Nagisa suddenly approached me on the way outside.

I stopped halfway and turn to look at him wearing that pleading face. What is it this time?

"I have an important matter I need to attend to, so could you please bring Kayano with you on the way home?" Nagisa said.

Now that he mentioned it, I did hear that Mr. Karasuma and Mrs. Irina went on a different restaurant and that they asked Nagisa to be their bodyguard for the afternoon. I don't exactly know why they needed a bodyguard despite them being pros, but with all that happened the other night, I think it's simply the best option.

Also, I think he's asking me this for Kayano's sake, so I guess I have no choice but to oblige.

"Yeah, sure." I answered simply.

"Thanks, Karma. Also I'm sorry. Later!" Nagisa hurried toward a waiting cab by the street and waved his hand at me as he ran and left.

Oh man. I wonder why they chose Nagisa as they bodyguard, not me. If it was me, both of them might have another chance of being alone again. Why is fate setting us aside?

"Karma?" While I was out spacing out at the spot where Nagisa left awhile ago, I heard Kayano calling my name right next to me.

"Oh hey, Kayano-chan." I greeted her once I turned my head to look at her.

"What were you and Nagisa talking about?"

Ah, so she saw that?

"Nothing special. Only that the prince charming himself asked me a favor to deliver his princess back home to her kingdom." I made up that phrase on my own. Cool, isn't it?

"Oh.. well, um.. did he mean, me?" Kayano wasn't sure what to think so she asked that question in a shy manner.

"Yup. Well then, let's go pudding princess." I started walking towards my parked car.

"W-Who are you calling pudding princess?!"

———————————————————