Chapter 46

A New Class of Tentacle Users

---

Normal POV

Nagisa used the hacking key which Takebayashi gave him to access the command room's super computers in order to disable their communication systems.

From watching on a certain monitor, Karma saw that Sugino's small team were waiting near the elevator and Isogai's team finally infiltrated the security room and disabled all of the locked doors and security camera's all over the factory. Of course, that also disabled Karma's monitor and that's how he knew.

Once Nagisa was finished on what he was doing, Karma left the grunt unconscious in the room while the two of them continue heading towards their rendezvous.

However, just after they closed the door of the command room and left, the red lights across the hallways suddenly turns on while a wailing siren alarms everyone.

"Crap! I thought Isogai disabled the alarm!?" Nagisa shouted in worry.

Karma quickly grabbed the walkie-talkie he had on his back and radioed Isogai's team.

"Isogai? What's going on!?" Karma anxiously asked.

"We don't know! We turned off the alarm system but it went out as soon as we left the room!" Isogai was also confused and anxious when he replied to Karma's transmission.

"Dammit! It must be the counter-measuring system!" Karma blurted.

The counter-measuring system. It's a program that triggers the alarm once the security system is forcefully shut-down. Normally, it's only owned by the government, but the Scarlet Jabberwocky had acquired one.

"Karma!" Nagisa brought him back to his senses.

"We won't get anywhere if we just stand around here! The guards are probably on their way now!" Nagisa said.

Though at the same time, a group of goons arrived and discovered them. They immediately took out their sidearms and rifles and started firing despite having their disguises.

Luckily, Nagisa and Karma noticed them a few seconds earlier and managed to take cover. The two of them also brought out their sidearms and returned fire.

"We better group up with the others!" Nagisa shouted to Karma while he was reloading his pistol.

"I'll contact Isogai's team to head over where Sugino and the rest are! Cover me!" With that, Karma stopped firing his pistol and quickly used his walkie-talkie; contacting Isogai and confirm they're doing okay.

"Let's go!" After Karma finished contacting Isogai, Nagisa took out a grenade, pulled the pin and threw it on the opposing side as the two of them started running as soon as it blew up.

They ran towards the hallway that leads towards the sector where Sugino and the girls are holding a front, barely defending themselves against the attackers.

———————————————————

"What's going on?" Klein asks the grunt that was using the computers, monitoring the occurrences on the lower floors.

"Sir, it appears that we've been infiltrated! Our men in the first floor are already engaging them, but we can't get in touch with them!" The grunt explains.

Klein looks over the monitor and it shows that their security cameras have been jammed. Though, they could hear the alarm wailing through here so it was expected that they're under attack.