Chapter 36

The Secret (Prelude)

---

Nagisa's POV

It wasn't long until Karma and I both reached the same baseball stadium to meet up with the rest of our former classmates.

Although once we got there, I was starting to forget something.

Thinking that it mustn't be important, I then met up with the rest of the former students of class 3E, but it appears that they haven't finished the preparations yet.

Some of them were still setting up the tables and chairs, and others were in charge of the electronics. Things were pretty busy, but I like seeing how everyone is cooperating.

Meanwhile, just as I was looking around, I noticed Kanzaki and Okuda talking with each other while sitting at the seats. I noticed a feeling that something was missing other than the two of them, so I approached the girls after telling Karma that I'm going to talk with them.

"Hey Kanzaki, Okuda." I waved at them as I walked toward them.

"Oh hi, Nagisa." Kanzaki replied.

"Is there something you want from us?" Okuda asked.

"Uhh, yeah, umm... Have you seen Kayano?" I asked.

"Kayano? Hmm, no. Did you hear something from her Kanzaki?" Okuda switches her attention to Kanzaki.

"No, I haven't...Oh wait! I take that back! She mailed me awhile ago saying that she's going to wait for someone to get her from a nearby train station." Kanzaki explained.

"She's waiting...? For who—!!?" 

In just a split second, I finally remembered what I completely forgot just now! The plans we made together this lunch!!

Oh crap oh crap oh crap! She's definitely gonna get mad, I just know it! I have to hurry!!

I immediately started running when I eventually remembered that Kayano wanted to meet up  with me first before heading over here.

But to reach her on time, I decided to approach Karma for help and asked for his car key. Fortunately, he agreed on letting me borrow his car for today and I went dashing towards the parking lot before starting its engine and drive toward the location that I was mailed a few hours ago.

Thank God Kayano mailed me her exact location, but I can't deal being troubled by the numerous missed calls I noticed as soon as I turned on my phone. I don't really know which train station she'll be waiting and I'll definitely run out of time if I went to check all the surrounding train stations from here, so it's a good thing she sent actually one.

———————————————————

Kayano's POV

Earlier Morning...

"Haruna?! That's not how you do it! This is how you do it!" The director of the show I was working with scolded me after I acted an imperfect play. He then acts how I should do it.