Chapter 21

Glad We Met Again

---

Nagisa's POV

"Kayano!?" 

I was surprised for a second there when I opened the door. I wasn't expecting anyone at the other side, so I was a bit startled.

It was Kayano. She's here in front of me, staring at me with the same expression as I have on her. It wasn't that hard to figure out who she was in the heat of the moment, yet here she was. I can't actually believe my own eyes. It's been a long time since we last saw each other, so why do I feel heat in my cheeks out of nowhere?

"Well look what we have here! It's Miss Haruna Masé!" Karma suddenly appeared behind me and called her by her well-known stage name.

"Please don't call me by that name when were on public, Karma." Kayano broke from her trance and smiled awkwardly as she tries to hide her identity as an actress.

"Anyway, hey guys. Must be a surprise, huh?" She then greeted the both of us casually like we just met yesterday. I find it a little...depressing though. Is that all she can say to us? Doesn't she...miss me?

"It's kinda rare to run by you in here. Paying a visit?" Karma was the only one replying to her while I remained speechless.

"Yeah, I just got a day-off today, so I figured I'd come here." Kayano cheerfully answered. Although, when she noticed me still staring at her, she started to pout and approaches me.

"Nagisa! Stop staring at me already, it's me!" She said as she pinched my cheeks.

"OWOWOWOWOWOW!!" It hurts, but I couldn't do anything about it.

After finally releasing me from her clutches, I started to rub my cheeks from the pain before looking back at Kayano. 

She started to smile with that usual smile of hers. What I meant was that real smile, not every time where I thought she was faking it. Though, seeing her smile made me smile back at her, but I felt my face getting a little warmer at the same time. I then realized I was still blushing, so I tried to distract myself from blushing even more by shaking my head.

"Hmm? What's wrong?" Kayano seemed to have realize that my sudden behavior was a bit worrying. She might probably think I was thinking something dirty.

"No, n-nothing is wrong. I-It's just that..." I was stuttering. 

"You look pretty well." 

What?! 

"NO!! That's not what I wanted to say!" I shook my head again and try again. But this time, I managed to regain some composure so that I can say what I really wanted  to say to her without any distractions.

"What I wanted to say is that...I'm glad to see you again." I paused there for awhile, and then looked at Kayano with a straightforward attitude. 

As a reply, I received a heartwarming smile from her, and the next thing she did was a hug.

I was taken aback at first. But she tightened her hug even more before suddenly whispering something into my ear.

"I missed you a lot."

Hearing those words made me feel delight. I can't believe Kayano actually said that to me. So as a reply, I returned the hug and stayed there for a bit longer.

That is, until Karma interrupted us by clearing his throat. 

"Hate to interrupt your reunion guys, but we've got eavesdroppers."

Normal POV

Nagisa and Kayano broke from their hug and were confused from what Karma had just told them. Knowing this, Karma gestured to the door where Kayano came in that was now closed. 

Kayano grabs the doorknob. But before twisting it, she felt a few presence at the other side. Without hesitation, she immediately opened the door and a group of 3 high school students fell flat on the floor. 

It looks like Karma was right. There were indeed 3 of Nagisa's students who were eavesdropping on them.

The blue haired teacher approached his students that were still struggling to get up. When they noticed him crouching closely, they all started to come up with excuses.

"Sorry, Sensei! We couldn't help it." Aoba reasoned.

"We weren't trying to eavesdrop in the first place, promise!" Hikari was the next one.

"U-Umm..." And lastly was Stella who couldn't say anything to defend herself.

The three of them apologized to their teacher numerous times and were begging to forgive them. While doing so, Nagisa stood back up and pretended nothing happened. He offered his hands and reaches for the three of them to stand up. Stella, Aoba, and Hikari were all surprised at first, but they gladly accepted his help.

However, thinking that he forgave them, they were wrong.

"How about another 10 laps as a punishment?" Nagisa said it out casually with a hidden sadistic smile on his face. Upon hearing what their teacher just said, they all flinched in shock.

Earlier, their whole club were taking 10 laps jogging around the courtyard behind the classroom. But now that the three of them have committed something they shouldn't have, Nagisa didn't want to just simply let it go. So as a punishment for their eavesdropping, he gave them another extra laps.

On the other hand, Kayano was surprised from Nagisa's actions toward his students. She hasn't seen this side of him before. But she was starting to worry about them, thinking that 10 extra laps was...a bit much.

"I wonder if Nagisa is doing fine teaching them?"

---

End of Chapter 21