Chapter 25

Such Frustration

---

Nagisa's POV

I realized that I was spacing out in about a half an hour sitting on my chair in the teacher's faculty, so I scratched my head to get a grip. When I looked around, it seems that everyone has already gone home. How long was I out?

No matter. I quickly picked up my things and went outside in a hurry now that I noticed the sky was getting darker.

While walking across the hallways, I realized that I didn't went to the club after school today, but I think it's already late to head there now, so I continue on my way and head outside the building.

Eventually, when I got to the school gates, I found Aoba and Stella standing by the side way waiting for the traffic light to turn red for them to cross the road. I wanted to greet them and apologize to them that I couldn't visit their club today, but somehow, a certain force prevented me to move and ended up standing there like a statue while I watched over them.

The light had already turned red and they both started walking across the street. I felt like an idiot for not taking any action while the two of them reached the other side and continue to leave.

I clenched my teeth and bent my head in dismay as a single drop of sweat ran down across my face, showing that I was really disappointed in myself; why I couldn't do anything for Korosensei's E class. I feel, frustrated.

"Oh! Nagisa!" But somehow, in the midst of things, a feminine voice spoke out of nowhere calling my name.

I look up and gaze to my left, and there I saw Kayano in an outdoor outfit wearing a relieved expression on her face.

"K-Kayano? What are you doing here?" I was surprised to her sudden appearance which made me blurt out that question.

"I'm done with my work today, so I thought that I'd come see you." Kayano smiled fortunately ignoring my stupid question.

Honestly, I'm feeling a little cheered up seeing Kayano's smile in my time of frustration. But if I tell her the truth, will she forgive me though?

———————————————————

Kayano brought me again to her usual restaurant-of-choice and we're actually having another date. Well it's only for dinner, but I feel like telling her the news about our classroom, so I agreed to her proposition without any hesitance.

However, after we chose a table and waited for our orders to arrive, I suddenly spaced out in front of her but I couldn't take off my mind about the problem.

"What wrong, Nagisa? Did something happen today?" Kayano's hand fortunately brought me back to my senses which she placed on top of mine across the table.

When I looked at her after retrieving my senses, I saw Kayano's face full of worry and confusion as her eyes deliberately stared at me.

I took this moment as a chance to tell her the truth, so I took a small sigh and start telling her with my own words.

"To be honest, there is something, but it happened yesterday." I started to explain. Although it's hard, I've got no other choice.