Chapter 13

Feelings Revealed

---

Normal POV

Before a tentacle struck the class 3E, the monster stopped in its tracks as it roars in pain. Eyes were all widened as they eventually noticed the cause of it.

It was Kayano.

Before the reaper could launch an attack, Kayano managed to use an opportunity to sneak around it from the other side. Since her supervision from her previous attempt of gaining tentacles enabled her to foresee the incoming tentacle to her beloved classmates, she made her move and slashed the reaper's weak spot with her trusty anti-tentacle knife blade before it could do harm to them.

And now that she had blown her cover, she took a few steps backward and did her stance.

Nagisa, Korosensei, and her other classmates gazed at her with great shock and bewilderment. However, considering her current state, she doesn't stand a chance against that atrocious beast. Korosensei even tried warning her and telling her to forfeit, but Kayano kept being hostile in every way.

Meanwhile, looking back at Nagisa, he was so worried, so frightened, so helpless that he couldn't even think straight. He was overwhelmed by his fear that he was at a loss for action.

"KAYANO!! STOP!!" were the only words he could shout at her as she went to charge toward the reaper once more. 

Tentacles came to her way with insane speed and precision. But using her ability to see them, she managed to dodge them with caution. 

However...

*SWISHHHHHH*

A stray tentacle came from behind and pierced Kayano from her back. Her speed drastically decreased and her consciousness was slowly giving up on her. Blood rushed out from the hole in her chest as the reaper removed its tentacle that impaled Kayano.

Korosensei was in tremendous shock and her classmates felt the same way. But Nagisa, all he could do was watch, as the girl he cared so much, whom he vowed to protect, whom he promised to be with, whom he loved so much, was now lifeless.

Time happened to slow down as Kayano's impaled body slowly falls down to the ground. Nagisa watched her as she closed her eyes for the last time. He didn't want it to be like this. From the depths of his heart, he wished that it was supposed to be him who was there, not Kayano.

In a flash of a moment, all of his memories with her, all of the things they've done, all of the conversations they made to each other, all of the precious times they have been together, and the promise to look after her, everything shattered into a million pieces. Broken and devastated, Nagisa let out a roar of regret, hatred, and anger inside of him.

"KAYANOOOOO!!!!"

His premonition became true. Now, what is left for him?

Nagisa's POV

Korosensei told me to get Kayano while he started to charge up a powerful energy within him and finish off the enemy in one fell swoop.

I can't actually believe it. Kayano's dead. She's gone. And what about the promise? How am I gonna live with this? If only...if only it was me...she wouldn't have...

This can't be happening! This is all just a dream! This isn't true! But it's no use. I'm really here, and this isn't a dream. The premonition was real. It was all real.