Chapter 7

This is Kinda Awkward

---

Normal POV

At the rise of dawn, the sunlight bathed across Kayano's room. As the little green haired girl woke up, she stretched her arms up to relieve herself. She was in a good mood, and ready to take the day.

"Gooood morning!" She said that to herself; though she had a habit of saying a greeting whenever she wakes up during the day, even if she's the only one in her apartment, no one to give her a reply.

---

*brrtt! brrtt!*

A phone vibrating can be heard from the kitchen. Kayano just finished taking a bath and started to have breakfast until her cellphone rang.

"Just a minute!" She shouted as she quickly moved out of her seat and rushed towards where her cellphone was.

Kayano's POV

"Hello?" I said as I soon as I got my cellphone and answered the call.

"Kayano?" I heard Nagisa's voice.

"Oh Nagisa! Good morning!" I greeted him.

"Good morning! You ready?" He asked me.

"Ready for... Oh shoot!" I instantly realized what he meant. Today was the start of our 'pretending to be dating' activity!

"Nagisa, can you spare me a little time? I still need to get ready." I said.

"Oh, uh okay." He agreed.

"Thanks! I'll call you if I'm done." After that, I ended the call and rushed towards my room to get changed.

Just as I arrived at my room, I rushed towards my drawer, browsed for anything that can make me look like a girlfriend and I found one. It was the same outfit I wore back when we infiltrated that mall from Okinawa.

"I hope this will do." I said to myself. I looked at the mirror and saw the old me, well that was before I dropped my acting. I can still remember the horrible things I've done to my classmates, but that's why I'm doing this. I owe Nagisa so much for he saved me, so this is for him.

*brrt... brrt*

My cellphone rang once again. After I wore my sandals, I picked it up and answered it.

"Nagisa?" I said after I pressed the answer button.

"Kayano, are you done?" He asked.

"Yeah, I just barely made it. Sooo..."

"Come meet me outside." It was like he already answered what I was about to ask.

"Oh." After he said that, he ended the call.

I did what Nagisa told me to. After I finished locking the windows and securing the house, I went down the apartment via elevator and when I got there...

"Hi Kaya-... Akari!" Nagisa was there already, greeting me, by me real name. This was weird for him, he didn't call me 'Akari' back then in the phone call.

"Oh, hey Nagisa." I smiled at him awkwardly. I was quite surprised that he wore his usual outfit. You know, the thing he wore whenever he goes out, the shirt with the hoodie.

"You... um, look good in your dress." Nagisa said shyly while hiding his face that was blushing.

"Oh, um.. Ehehe... Thanks." I suddenly blushed at the statement he said. Do we really have to do the acting now? Or maybe he's doing some practice?

"So, uh... Shall we go?" Nagisa said.

"Sure." I smiled and went with him. In my surprise, again, he brought a black Chevrolet with whites strips in the middle of it. It looked like a racing car though.

"This is Karma's. He let me borrowed it for a while." Nagisa hinted.

"You know how to drive?" I teasingly asked him.

"Of course I know how to drive!" Nagisa said out loud of embarrassment. "Just a little."

"Ahahaha. So, are we just gonna admire the car or be on the way."   I said.

"Oh, right right." And then he opened the car that was the opposite of his seat's door. After he opened it, he looked at me, waiting for me to get in.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"What? Shouldn't a boyfriend open the door for his girlfriend first?" Nagisa reasoned.

"Yeah but, I thought the act would only be applied when we meet your mother." I lifted one eyebrow.

"Uhh..." Nagisa stuttered and shook his head. He was so embarrassed that he probably didn't know when the act would be starting.

"Hahh... I get it, you're practicing your act. But you should tell me first before that. The actor can't just act all by itself. You should tell the other character as well so that you would cooperate with each other." I explained.

"Okay." He nodded with his face blushing.

"Hmhmm... But you're pretty good though." I smiled.

"Really? I thought that what I've been doing was, unprofessional." Nagisa scratched his head.

It was unprofessional. But you put effort in your act, and I admire that.

I thought to myself while staring at him. A few seconds, I realized we've taken a lot of time.

"Nagisa, maybe we should go before your mom realizes we've been out too much." I suggested.

"Right right. After you." He opened the door back again.

"Thank you." I went inside and sat their while Nagisa closed the door, went around the car and went inside as well.

"Can you reach the paddle?" I teased him again.

"Kayano!?" He shouted. I giggled as he started the engine.

"Now make sure you'll see the road." I never stopped teasing him. He blushed furiously as he changed the gear and moved the car.

Well our first meeting went well, but I don't know if Nagisa's acting would pass his mother's eyes. Oh well, it's his mother anyway so it'll be fine. Let's just hope it won't get too awkward.

---

End of Chapter VII