Chapter 59

Persistence for Revenge

---

The next day...

"Excuse me, I'm here for the appointment."

"Oh, that's... r-right away sir." The receptionist panicked a little when she saw my government I.D.

She immediately takes a phone call, and after a few seconds, she instructed me to wait at the visiting room where I get to have a one-on-one talk with the inmate I'm planning to talk with, alone.

I sat on the vacant chair and waited for the person I regretted to see to arrive. I really have no intention to pay a visit or whatsoever, but last night, I just learned something. And in order for me to know more about it, I need to have a talk with him.

Last night...

"Drop your weapons and stand down!"

Amidst all the gunfire and explosions, the terrorists were surrounded by an encirclement consisting of police officers, security guards and government agents with armored vehicles and a helicopter.

It was at that time that the backup force had arrived and minimized the casualty.

Outnumbered and outmatched, the terrorists gave up and dropped their weapons while raising their hands up above their heads.

The police and security guards apprehended them immediately with handcuffs and forced them to lay down to the ground. They took away everything the terrorists can use as a weapon and started pushing them towards a heavy armored cargo truck to transport them to a nearby military facility.

I boarded on one of them since I'm also part of the government, and I told Kayano to rejoin her studio folks so that they'd stop worrying about her.

After we arrived within a few minutes, we determined their leader with a certain method and took him for an interrogation.

We asked him a lot of questions, including why he suddenly forced that surprise attack and their objective, but as his response...nothing.

He didn't say anything. He just kept glaring at the one interrogating him. Most of the time, he'd just avert his gaze when the police officer looks at him or makes groaning noises, which was a bit annoying.

Realizing that time was being wasted, he called to one of the officers in the room and ordered him to do something about it.

As a result, he started beating the shit out of him.

"Answer the questions or I won't make it easier for you!." The officer warned him.

"I would rather die." After saying that, he received another good beating and blood spilled out from his mouth.

"Damn. This guy's stubborn." The officer that sat across the table, no longer having patience, sighed as he leaned back on his seat while the the other officer kept punching the leader in the face—letting out groans after one punch and another.

"I guess I don't have a choice."

"I'll take care of this." Not wanting a few seconds to be wasted, I decided to take action.

I walked towards the scene and placed a hand on the officer's shoulder to make him stop violating the terrorist.

Once he stepped away, the terrorist's face looked terribly beaten to a pulp. But it appears that this isn't enough to make him talk.

So, I grabbed him by the collar and glared at him like he's the last guy I wanted to see.