Chapter 20

Paying an Old Visit

---

Kayano's POV

"Bye Kayano, we'll see you soon!" Kanzaki was holding my hand as she and Okuda were about to leave.

"Yeah, I know. Take care, okay?" I smiled at her to reassure her from being worried about me.

"You do the same thing too." Kanzaki returned a smile as Okuda came out running from the stairs to get Kanzaki.

Okuda stopped halfway and said, "Kanzaki, hurry up! I already got us a cab!"

"Coming!" Kanzaki responded and glanced back at me with a smile before letting go of my hand and walked towards the elevator past Okuda.

"Kayano! See you later!" Okuda shouted one last time before joining Kanzaki inside the elevator, and waved her hand at me as the door closed.

My smile was soon replaced by a lonely curve and began to stare at something in front of me. I really wanted them to stay, but the timing wasn't just perfect. If only I'd say the thing about having a day off the day before yesterday, we could've spent a lot of time together. Oh stupid me.

*RIIIIIINGG!!*

All of a sudden, my telephone rang inside my room, snapping me out from spacing out and thanked that for distracting me from worrying even more.

I closed the door and went back inside to answer the phone. Who could it be?

"Hello?" I said as soon as I picked up the electrical device on my study table and placed it close to my ear. After saying something on the phone, a male voice spoke out, saying...

"Hey Kaede, morning..."

Time Skip

I was walking on the sideways of a road with a disguise that leads me to my former junior high school that I attended 7 years ago. Wondering why I'm going there? I wanna know how my old classroom is doing, and the best chance to do it is to ask the principal of Kunugigaoka first. Of course, I already knew who became the principal lately, so there would be no problem at all.

Once I reached the school gates, students were still going in inside the campus. Different kinds of people were within my field of view. But then, along with the crowd, I spotted a familiar girl with a long pink hair. I didn't hesitate to approach her. 

"Hey, Sakura." I called out to her.

When the girl heard me, she immediately turned around to look at me. She was confused at first, but not until I revealed my disguise to her and told her that I knew her because of Nagisa, the one who was responsible of tutoring her when we were still in high school.

"Miss...Kaede?" Sakura finally remembered my name and her lips was slowly forming a cheerful smile, since this was our first time seeing each other since then.

"How you doing, Sakura?" I humbly asked her.

"Doing great, Miss Kaede! Wow, I haven't seen you for a couple of years! I'm surprised to see you here!" Sakura and I were having a small conversation, until she mentioned about how Nagisa was doing.

"Well, he's what he is now." I gladly replied to her.

"No way! A teacher? Woah, I knew it!" Sakura excitedly exclaimed when she knew that her former tutor became a real teacher, actually teaching students rather than only her.