Chapter 28

An Unknown Enemy

---

Nagisa's POV

Tonight was another night mission. Lately, we discovered a news that a certain warehouse of a factory is currently being robbed by some unknown terrorists, and our team is now heading towards H-point as we speak.

Karma, me, and three other specialized agents under Mr. Karasuma's team ran across the neighborhood rooftops, eventually reaching to a certain point where we spotted squad C taking a reconnaissance of H-point from a tall building.

(Innocence51: By the way, H-point means "Hit"-point; the code name of the target location. I made that up though, nothing special.)

"Squad A is here." whispered one of the reconnaissance team when he noticed our arrival.

"Good, just as planned." A man with a deep voice turned around after taking a look with his binoculars and took off his lower mask covering his mouth. This must be Hattori—A.K.A. Unit 463 Jackal, the captain of Squad C.

"What's the order, coach?" Karma started asking after taking off his mask as well.

"Intel has it that the warehouse was completely overrun by a large group of unknown terrorists. They have all personnel inside has hostage, so the police can't do anything and stand their ground outside." As Captain Hattori informed us about their recent recon, each one of us were given binoculars to take a look at the parliament building.

There, I saw the warehouse being heavily guarded by thugs while the police force surrounds the entrance. It might take awhile for their main force to get there, so we were ordered to take immediate action for infiltration.

". . . do you have some kind of plan, Unit 80?" After Captain Hattori finished his briefing, he takes off his binoculars and turns to ask me that question.

"Hmmm... What's HQ's orders?"

"HQ said to take immediate actions, and they keep repeating that command. You're free to do as you will."

"Perfect. Squad A, let's go!"

This is a perfect chance for me to initiate my own plan. I wonder why HQ kept repeating the same command. No matter. The objective of this mission is to eliminate the threat. They're terrorists, which are criminals, so there's no need to capture them for now.

———————————————————

"Squad A to Squad C, we're going in..." I said to my earpiece with a soft voice to let the recon team know that we're entering the premises.

"Copy that." Replied the squad captain from my earpiece.

Once we received his approval, I nodded to one of my squad members and he started breaching the backdoor with a crow bar. Once it was opened, Karma immediately threw a smoke grenade inside and went in.

"All clear!" Karma spoke through our earpieces.

The four of us took turns to go inside while stiffly holding our knives and handguns, remaining cautious of our surroundings.

It was dark and full of smoke inside, but we had masks with night visions on, so lurking under this smoke is no big of a deal.

"..Zzrt.. Do..zz.. co.. p..y..Bzzzrt!!" 

Meanwhile, as we were slowly walking across the dark mist, my earpiece suddenly received a noisy transmission which I couldn't determine clearly. It must be coming from squad C. But why does it sound like it's about to be jammed?