Chapter 51

The Scars of Guilt

---

Normal POV

It wasn't long until sunrise came, but everyone were still desperate in seeing their wounded friends. That is, the ones who were fatally wounded.

Nagisa and Kayano. The two of them were seriously injured, and were immediately brought to the hospital under Karasuma's guidance.

In other words, it wasn't just any simple and a plain hospital where you go when you feel ill.

It's a special high-tech hospital generally for the use of the government and a few selected people who can greatly afford its foundation. It's run by an American company and already has several branches all over Japan.

Anyway, just a few moments ago, the two were immediately brought to the emergency room, and the rest had to wait until the doctors are finished.

———————————————————

While everyone was busy in their own thoughts, the light above the door of the emergency room became green and everyone perks up.

The door opens and came out two doctors—one was a male and the other, female—with blood stained on their lab coats. The both of them went to approach Karasuma and wore neutral expressions on their faces.

Everybody else tensed up. They were going on with expectations in their heads, but no one would ever think that other way, of course.

The two of them are their friends or close aquintances, but the doctors' expressions seems so nerve-wrecking that almost every one of them feel restless.

But suddenly, the three people were exchanging nods. Right after that, Karasuma glance over towards everyone and spoke.

"You kids stay here. This is a private discussion. But I'll report to all of you as soon as I can."

With Karasuma's words, everyone moaned in disappointment and were completely struck with a sad therapy.

Ignoring everyone's annoying tone, the doctors and Karasuma had already entered the emergency room, and there he saw Nagisa and Kayano lying down on separate beds with oxygen masks placed on their mouths and heart monitor tubes around their body.

Karasuma, then gazes back at the doctors and began saying a word.

"How are they?" Karasuma asked the two doctors with his usual death-glare on his face.

"We have good news and bad news. Which one do you want to hear first?"

"I've got no time to play with your little game. Answer my question properly." Karasuma only worsened his glare.

"Ahaha... Well, that's Karasuma for you." The male doctor chuckled but he quickly changed his expression into a serious one.

And finally, the doctors' words were heard.

"The good news is, we were able to stable one of their conditions. It wasn't totally fatal, but her brain was severely damaged so we need to run a high resonance imaging before she could start recovering." The male doctor explained.