Chapter 41

The Real Deal

---

Kayano's POV

Huh?

A strange feeling of pain disturbed my slumber and my eyes slowly opened. While it took awhile for the blurriness to fade away, I can feel that my arms were being tied at the sides of an armchair.

W-What??

Amidst the confusion, I tried to break away from its grip, but I found out that it wasn't just my arms that were tangled. My legs were also tied at the stool of the chair.I started to struggle even more as a feeling of fright slowly crept on my skin.

"Oh? You're finally awake~"

Then, all of a sudden, a voice spoke to me from the darkness surrounding me.

There was only a single light source above me and the rest of the area was dark and unseen. Although I thought it was a room, I eventually realized that I wasn't back at my apartment.

"W-Who's there?? Show yourself!" Scared and helpless, I shouted while looking around to try and find out where that voice is coming from.

"Over here, Kaede~"

The voice spoke to me again.

However, when I heard it the second time, a strange feeling made me think that it sounds so familiar. I've heard it as long as I can remember, but I thought it was just me imagining things.

Then, the sounds of footsteps walking across the darkness starts to fill the room along with its echoes.

I searched for where that noise was coming from again, but when I found it, I was completely overwhelmed with shock and terror, and I can't actually believe when I found out who it was.

"K-Klein??"

"Hey, Kaede. Missed me?"

He was looking at me with a face that made me feel disgusted. Also, I get these weird vibes that's making my skin chilly and my heart was like it was about to beat rapidly.

"Wh-where am I??" My eyes remained as they were as I asked this question at the man that I once thought that I knew him.

"Relax. Don't be scared. You're going to be okay."

When he said this, I had my doubts. I found out that I couldn't trust him anymore so his words actually made me more scared than before.

But while I was trembling with fear, the room suddenly lit up and blinded my eyes like a flashbang. After opening my eyes again, something terrible was caught by my sight.

6 huge cylindrical containers with strange purple-looking liquid stood before me. And inside on each one of them, naked bodies of humans were floating and there were strange-looking tubes stuck around their bodies.

Once again, I was filled with horror. I feel my face was a mess, but I became hopeless wishing that this was only a dream.

"Wha... What is this?!?" A soft but a terrified voice escaped my mouth as my hands and feet began to struggle again.

"Ahh! I see that our guest is already awake." Then another voice came out of nowhere.

But since the room was already bright, I turned my head to gaze at a man in his 30's wearing a mafia hat and a fancy suit with white gloves walking towards our direction.