Chapter 39

An Assassin Takes up his Blade

---

Karma's POV

Earlier morning...

"What's this?" I asked Mr. Karasuma when I saw what was inside of that damn hard metal box. Apparently, it was a vial with a weird looking liquid inside it.

"Have you already examined this?" Mr. Karasuma looks at the technician and asked.

"Yep! The lab have already the results." The technician then starts to explain.

"They call it the 'AC-199', or the tentacle antidote. Seems like its job is to neutralize the tentacle cells that has taken over the human cells and regenerate those that have been completely infected."

"Wait, did you say antidote?" I repeated, making sure I heard that right.

"I sure did, kid. This is probably the antidote from that black organization you've heard lately. I wonder why they're making these." The technician briefly explained and wondered to himself.

Ah. He probably meant that black organization Scarlet Jabberwocky that the Ministry of Defense had suspected as an illegal organization in the country. It's actually made up of thieves and terrorists. But sometimes they're mistakenly referred to as the Yakuza.

"Are you saying that the Jabberwocky are trying to create tentacle users?" Mr. Karasuma started to ask.

"Maybe so. In fact, I'm even surprised this ended up in our hands. Who found this though?"

"Nagisa was the one who brought that here."

"Ah. That Python kid. But how?"

Since neither Mr. Karasuma and I know the answer for that, both of us went silent. Though, I just rolled my eyes at Mr. Karasuma who was still wearing his usual poker face.

"Bah, nevermind. At least we have this now." The technician eventually changed the subject.

We don't know exactly what they're planning to do by creating tentacle users. But if it comes to the Jabberwocky using it to take over Japan, nay, the entire world, the self defense force surely wouldn't stand a chance. That's why were looking for every little detail we can find in order to prevent a disaster.

Luckily, we now have this: an antidote.

"By the way, how did you get to open the box?" I started to ask out of curiosity.

"Simple. We kinda replicated a key for it. Luckily, the lock was still intact, so we were able to make one for it." The technician said.

"If we would have know that it was just that simple, we wouldn't have gotten through all that useless labor." I laughingly thought to myself.