Chapter 36.5

The Secret

---

Normal POV

"Hey, Nagisa? Listen, there's something that I need to tell you." The black haired actress murmured with an anxious tone while she kept her head bent down. 

A gloomy vibe was likely emitting from her but small in nature as she and the blue haired teacher on her right rode on a car.

The teacher, Nagisa, couldn't afford to glance at her to ask due to the fact that he was the driver and the need to focus on the road.

"What is it?" However, he asked anyway.

But unexpectedly, the black haired actress was seemingly quiet without giving an immediate response.

"Stop the car." Eventually, she spoke. But sounding like she ignored Nagisa's curiosity, Kayano said this with the same tone.

"What? Why?"

Nagisa was confused due to Kayano's unexpected request, but the maiden insisted and said, "Just do it."

Having no clue at all but felt like the need to do what she says, Nagisa pressed the breaks gently and pulled over.

It was nearing dusk where the sun was slowly submerging within the clouds in the sky, staining the surroundings with black and orange filter. The cold breeze carried the last petals of the cherry blossom trees, the way how it displays a moment where the season of winter enters the year.

Meanwhile, back at the black Chevrolet parking near the streets, the blue haired boy whilst his hands remained on the steering wheel looks at Kayano at his left with worry and confusion, not knowing what Kayano is suddenly trying to say to him.

On the other hand, Kayano breathed and sighed heavily. She inhales another air and finally starts at her words.

"Hey Nagisa, say it was you. If you're in love with a certain someone, but she got engaged all of a sudden and you never got the chance to tell her your feelings, how would you feel?" Kayano expressed her question barely calming down. Although, she still looked away from him and continues to stare at her hands resting on her lap.

I already know how you feel about me, Nagisa. It might be totally unfair, but it's because Karma told me about it at that time I exposed the secret to him.

Using the small time that took Nagisa awhile to answer her question, the Kayano thought of this and starts gripping her fists.

Yet, her thoughts continued to flow through her mind.

I also feel the same way. But, because of how things are right now, I can't imagine that you and me can be together without the shackles of regret that bounds us. That's why, I have to tell you this secret now, or else, I might regret it sooner or later. It's just like what Karma said. If I don't tell it sooner, I'll hurt myself even more.