Chapter 5

I Hate It When Moms Tease

---

Nagisa's POV

"Here you go, Nagisa." Mom finally finished cooking my meal and gave it to me in an unexpected way. I thought that she was upset, but she looks normal to me.

Ah! It's hot.

After switching my gaze on the meal right in front of me, I noticed it was steaming. I guess I'll have to blow on it then.

*Hwooo... Hwooo... Hwooo...*

(Innocence51: alright... Maybe that's not the correct way of demonstrating blowing xD)

"Thanks for the meal!" After blowing half the heat out of my meal, I clasped my hands, and said these word. After that, I took a bite and it was delicious as always.

Mom cooked me up a bowl of ramen, a pork beef and of course, don't forget the rice! Hehehe...

"Wow, this is delicious mom!" I complimented mom's cooking while still having some food on my mouth.

"Thanks sweetie, but you shouldn't talk when your mouth is full." Mom appreciated it, but she sounded different. As I expected, she might have not heard me.

"Sorry!" I swallowed the food inside my mouth and apologized. Then I didn't bother, I took another bite, blew on it. And another one, and another...

But wait

...

...

...

What did I say a while ago?

"So... You already have a girlfriend?" Mom asked out of the blue.

*PFWOOOOHH!!!*

As I was just blowing another batch of food, I accidentally blew harder on it, making the food fly away from the spoon.

My eyes widened at Mom's sudden question. When did I—!?

Oh crap!

Actually, I already have a girlfriend.

girlfriend...

girlfriend...

girl... friend...

OH NO!!!

I was really in shock and anxious right now. What am I gonna do?? What am I going to say??!

"Nagisa?" Mom looked at me with a curious face and at the same time, deadly interested.

"Would you mind telling me more about her?" She said in a cheerful voice, the voice that kinda resembles a very young girl interested about grown up stuff.

"Uhh..." I was lost in words. I can't just tell her that I really have one! In fact, I DON'T HAVE A GIRLFRIEND! What am I supposed to do?!

...

...

Maybe I'll just pretend that I have one.

"W-well, she's cute and she's my classmate." I turned to face my mom and made an awkward smile.

I filled up my imagination to a 100%, and starts making up things about this fictional girlfriend of mine.

"At first, it was only me that had feelings for her. But it wasn't for long until she knew about how I feel about her."