Chapter 54

We Meet Again

---

Nagisa's POV

"THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP AND DEDICATION!"

We bent our heads altogether and offered our sincerest gratitude to our American buddies. As we kept our heads low, Mr. Karasuma walked forward and offers his' gratitude in a friendly manner.

"Thank you."

"Don't mention it!" The doctor from before that was a bit hyper made a huge grin at Mr. Karasuma.

Meanwhile, we've already brought ourselves up and were about to walk towards the plane when a girl's voice called my name, stopping me from walking.

"Nagisa, wait!" It was the nurse from before. I kinda forgot her name though.

"Uhh..."

"Go on, we'll wait for you." One of my colleagues placed a hand on my shoulder as he went to board the plane.

"Yeah, thanks." I wasn't sure whether I should be grateful or not. Although, maybe she had something she forgot? Or maybe she just wants to say a proper goodbye.

"Um.. hey.. Je..nny, right?" I was so unsure of my words.

"Yeah! That's me." She gleefully makes a smile.

Oh thank goodness I still remembered.. a little.

"So, um.. what do you want?"

Before Jenny could make response to my question, she suddenly scooped up to my side, placing a hand on my shoulder and leans to the side my face to kiss me on the cheek.

She then, immediately backs away, never giving myself a chance to think.

"In my province, whenever we say goodbye, we do that!" She explained.

"So, goodbye. I hope we see again, Nagisa." And thus, she quickly went back to her group and waved her hand at me as if she was trying to break my trance.

Instantly, my face became very warm. This led me to think that I might be blushing. I could even feel it up until the tip of my ears.

"Nagisa. We're heading out, get in." Thanks to Mr. Karasuma bringing me back to my thoughts, I tried to brush away this embarrassing feeling and quickly went inside our private plane.

Once I got a seat, one of my colleagues tuned a whistle as if he was teasing me. The rest were even eyeing me-some glared daggers because of jealousy and some were making smug faces.

I tried to pretend that nothing was going on as the jet's engines started to roar and started moving.

The plane took off from the airport, and now, we're finally on our way home.

——————————————————

Switch to Normal POV