Chapter 23

An Unexpected Guest

---

Kayano's POV

After having dinner with Nagisa on a restaurant I usually take, I went home immediately when I received a text message. It seems that I missed a few calls from the same contact as well, so I had to rush.

While still on a cab on the way to my apartment, I had several thoughts flowing through my mind. First of was that I feel guilty about leaving Nagisa like that. He even offered to take me home with him. But despite that, I turned him down. 

The second thing was: what is he up to calling me out like that? And most of all, 'waiting at my apartment?' Did he forgot our usual time and place we should see each other from now on then? Oh well, if he's this persistent to meet up, I guess it's something important.

A few minutes later, we finally made a stop near my apartment building and I gave my fee to the driver. This time, I didn't rush walking toward my room. I felt like I don't really want to see him right now, so I took my time walking slowly until I reached the place.

Realizing that the door wasn't locked, I quietly went in and carefully changed into my indoor slippers. Once I got in the hallway, I somehow started to smell something in the air. This is...is he cooking?

I walked toward the kitchen and tried to peek from a corner, but only to see no one there. Only the sight of a boiling small cauldron could be sighted. That's strange. Where could he be?

"Hey Kayano!"

"Gywahhhhh!?" I was startled right before I could look inside the hot cauldron on the gas stove.

"Klein, what the hell, you scared me!" I yelled at Klein who was grinning behind me all the time.

"I'm so sorry about that, Kaede." He immediately apologized and his grin turned into an apologetic smile.

This here is Hatsuzuri Klein. 24 years of age yet he still looks younger, more like around 18-20 years old. He's a co-worker of mine as an actor, and we often hang out with each other whenever we get the break.

"Jeez, what are you doing here? I thought I told you to not come to my place. It's embarrassing." I went to sit at the sofa in the living room while Klein followed.

"My, it's nothing to be embarrassed about. It's just me, your fiancé hanging around at your place, so relax." He said.

"Relax you say. Even if we are engaged, that doesn't mean that you can just barge in into my apartment like this. And wait a minute. Where did you get a key??" I just realized it and ultimately asked that with a shock.

"I got it from one of your friends. O.. Omu.. Oka.. Okada?" He stuttered at the mention of the name. Did he mean Okuda?

I made a sigh.

"Tell me you didn't force her to give it you." I looked at him with a threatening glare.

"Of course not! Why would you assume I'd do such a thing? You know me Kaede. I'd never go against girls." Klein brought up an excuse while he raised both of his hands up to try to defend himself.

"Okay then. As long as you ask my permission first, you can come over whenever you want." I stood up and went to my bedroom to get changed.

Meanwhile, I happened to catch a glimpse of Klein's face saying "Yes!" and went over the kitchen with an enthusiastic attitude.