Chapter 56

A New Job, A New Life

---

Nagisa's POV

"Nagisa? Nagisa?"

While I still had my eyes shut, I hear someone nearby calling my name.

I gently opened my eyes to see who it was, and as I did so, a pair of hazel eyes met with mine.

Her entire face filled my vision, so close that it took me a while to realize it. Then comes my realization; it was Kayano looking down at me.

"Ehh?! K-Kayano??" I instantly got flustered and I could feel my face heating up.

"Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you."

As she said that, I was wondering why my head was underneath something so soft and warm.

I finally noticed that I was resting my head on her lap, so I immediately stood up and looked at her with a face of bewilderment.

She blinked her eyes like she was also astonished of what I just did. I merely feign a cough while heat still remained on my face and decided to ask her a couple questions.

"W-what just happened? Why are we outside? We were just in the restaurant a few minutes ago?" I looked around me and realizes we're at the central park.

Did something happen? I can't...remember a thing.

"Ahaha~" But all of a sudden, she started to giggle.

"Actually, an hour has already passed by."

"Wait, what??"

"You fainted, silly~"

Okay, now I'm completely confused. I fainted?

Now it makes sense why I was sleeping in her lap, but, how did she manage to take me here while I was unconscious? Did she had help? Did someone else carried me here?

I wanted to ask those questions, but they're not important as of now. The real questions is, why did I faint?

"I'm really sorry. You must still be feeling unwell since you just got out from the hospital and got back to Japan. I understand, forget everything that I said." Kayano started apologizing.

But something she said made me confused again.

"Kayano?"

"Hm?" She looked at me with a little feeling of curiosity.

"What do you mean by 'everything' you said?"

Switch to Kayano's POV

I-I was...I didn't expect that he'd forget. Was he already unconcious at that time?

My worries were right all along. He still hasn't recovered yet. The jetlag might also be a part of it, but why didn't I realize this sooner?