Chapter 60

By Your Side

---

Nagisa's POV

I've arrived at the café that Kayano and I used to hang out. Well, there was this one time that Karma tagged along and the three of us spent time together, like how we used to during our junior high school.

But anyway, I was still a bit early. She wasn't inside the café yet. It was only 5 minutes after I called her. Maybe she is pretty busy.

Now that I think about it, I'm actually dragging her here. Damn it.

My subsconcious self felt guilty upon the action I did. I don't know what came over me at that time. Maybe it's because of my worrying. I've been non-stop worrying about her after what that asshole said.

"Tell Kayano I'll meet her in hell."

While I was busy wondering about my thoughts, I've already reserved a table for two and waited for Kayano.

He's on to something. Possibly another attempt to kidnap Kayano. I can't let my guard down.

I rested my chin on both of my hands as I've decided to go with my decision. It might just be from an impulse, but still...I wanted to protect her. I want to live up to that promise, that Korosensei handed to me. That's why, I can't let my guard down.

>Cli~ling~♪

"Welcome to our café!"

The moment I heard the bell above the entrance door ringing, two waitresses immediately greeted the person who came in.

I raised my head up to see who it was, and it was none other than Kayano.

I was instantly washed with relief. My stiffened face loosened up a bit and I impulsively made a slight smile.

Oh thank God, she's safe...

It took her awhile to find me after searching the whole place, and at the moment she did, she gleamed happily and walked towards me.

I didn't take my eyes off of her for a second, not even after she got close and noticed what I was up to.

"Hey, Nagisa... Are you okay?"

"Huh?" It took her saying for me to realize that I've been staring at her with a relieved face.

"O-oh! Kayano! P-please, take a seat!" I was stuttering a bit after being in a daze.

Thankfully, she didn't think too much about what was wrong with me and she happily takes the seat across me. She settles her shoulder purse on the table, and then looks at me with a face that's saying 'okay, what do you want to tell me?'

———————————————————

A few minutes later...

Realizing that the atmosphere wasn't just right, I told Kayano and decided to take a walk outside.

We went to a nearby playground and we both sat at the swings. Before that however, while we were walking along the sideways towards our current location, we were already having a conversation about a lot of things. That includes my little adventure overseas.