Chapter 53

This is my Fate

---

After a few weeks...

"You sure you're okay handling it on your own, kid?" A muscly guy approached me earlier and was offering me his help in lifting a 15kg barbell.

Since at first I was obviously struggling to lift it up, he wanted to help me with a little weight, but I said...

"Yeah, I'm sure I'll be fine." I was already pushing the barbell up and down while I lay down on an iron chair.

To be precise, it's my 12th push and pull.

"Alright, suit yourself." The kind gentleman finally had left and joined his other pals in other kinds of exercise.

It's been 3 weeks ever since I got out from that room, but I'm still here in America to recover.

Right now, I'm having my daily rehabilitation since it was highly recommended by the doctors by the time I was able to move myself without the pain.

I've done a 1-mile jogging every morning, weight lifting and exercises during noon and reviving back my self defense combat with a few colleagues.

15...

16...

17...

As I continue pushing the heavy force above me, I hear a fancy shoe making footstep noises next to me, so my focus was torn in half again.

"Nagisa, do you have a second?" It was Mr. Karasuma.

"As you can see sir, I'm still doing... 19... my 30 push of 15kg... 20... metal." I replied with a nearly suffocated tone while I continued counting.

"It's urgent. The doctors have gotten a new report from your tests." But just as I was pushing the heavy barbell up, Mr. Karasuma's words caused me to stop and strongly pulled the barbell, making a loud thud as it landed on the handle bars.

I remained where I was for a few seconds as I travel through my thoughts, thinking about what could possibly be wrong this time.

Yes, you heard it right. This isn't the first time. Mr. Karasuma said about it being new so it's another lab reports.

Long ago while I was still bedridden in that room, one of our agents had gotten their hands on the lab reports and delivered it to Mr. Karasuma who was still inside the room with me.

..Flashback..

"We've recieved the reports that the American Facility had released, but they said that they're still unproven whether they could be true or not. Do you still want me to report to you, sir?"

Kitakami, one of Mr. Karasuma's silver ranked agents said to the both of us, and our eyes fixated on him.

"Fire away."