Meet the Parents

Baker Street

They reached baker street, and Viola opened the garage door. The metal went up as Viola looked over at Sherlock and he looked back at her. They turned away as she went inside the garage parking her car. It was dark and the light was flickering. She turned her car off and they both went out of the car heading towards their flat. "A little bit of an enthusiast are you?" Sherlock commented as they walked side by side to the flat. She looked up at the towering figure with a small smile on her face "Sort of...it keeps your mind off things you know" her smile turned into a sad one.

"I know" he muttered opening the door "Hey, wheres my key? Did you see it anywhere?" asked Viola. "Not at all" they both walked in, Viola kicked off her shoes next to the door and stayed in her fuzzy socks. She threw her car key on the table and fell to the couch putting her feet up. Sherlock neatly, placed his coat on the coat rack and put his blue rob on. He picked up the chips plate from the ground and cleaned up the mess.

"Did you eat anything at all today?" Sherlock asked finally sitting down leaning his head back to the couch next to Viola. "I had pizza at work" she replied rolling her second cigarette this day. "Thats all?" he frowned opening one eye lazily to look at her. "Yes, I've been feeling nauseated lately" she sighed lighting her cigarette up. "Withdrawal symptoms" Sherlock muttered closing his eyes again. "Mhm" she leaned back on the couch taking her first puff.

Sherlock's phone alerted a new text, he sighed picking his phone up as he read the text. "My parents are visiting tomorrow morning" Sherlock informed Viola as she exhaled a huge amount of smoke. "Mmm good" she stated. He cleared his throat "Mycroft told them we're dating, since they're a little uptight about having a girl to share my flat with"

Viola choked on the smoke groaning "Oh god, Mycroft is so stupid" she exclaimed "I know, couldn't get rid of the visit" sighed Sherlock. "No I mean, he could've just informed me and I would've left the flat when they dropped by. It's that simple, but Mycroft always takes the hard route for a genius he's dull in the head"

Sherlock smirked, "He did that on purpose Viola, it's his revenge for you ignoring him earlier this morning" Viola scowled at him in confusion "Mycroft was here this morning?" Sherlock cocked an eyebrow at her "Yes? You looked at him, then stormed out of the flat?..." Sherlock trailed off as Viola searched her memory "Hmm, I don't remember...I was out of it this morning" Viola muttered. "You don't say" he smirked at her. "Mmm" she muttered feeling herself drift off. Sherlock watched her closed eyes, her long lashes, her long blonde hair dangling over her chest as she sighed softly into deep sleep.

Sherlock stood up straightening his suit and paced shortly looking at her sleeping form. He awkwardly approached her small figure, he leaned down elegantly picking her body up with a little discomfort. He held her close to his body and felt her hand grab his shirt getting comfortable in his arms. He walked off to the bedroom and lied her down on the bed, her hand still gripped the neckline of his shirt, not letting go while he stayed inclined.

He slowly removed her hand not wanting to wake her up, he took off his shirt and put his blue robe back on to sleep in it. He lied down on the bed next to Viola, he kept stealing glances at her peaceful face and thought of how much she's mentally grown over the past two years. He thought of how responsible she was earlier today, she wasn't like that before. She was still immature of course, very reckless with her health.

"Shut up Sherlock" Viola muttered in her sleep. Sherlock looked over at her and smirked. The smirk was wiped off his face when Viola slapped her arm over his face leaning closer to lie on his chest. Sherlock felt a little uncomfortable but relaxed after a while drifting off to sleep with an arm wrapped around his former girlfriend.

The Next Morning

Viola woke up feeling super comfortable, she hadn't slept like that in a long time. The slightly opened window brought in a light breeze, making her smile and sigh in serenity. Sherlock opened his eyes and looked down at Viola's small sleepy head, they cuddled all night long he hadn't slept that comfortably in a long time too. Viola opened her eyes and gasped quietly pushing herself back when she realized she was on Sherlock's side invading his space.