Lies and more Lies

Here goes a long chapter! :D

"I'm failing to comprehend the information you brought upon me, would it be troublesome if you recapitulated the aforementioned settlement with more coherence?" Viola questioned with confusion. Mary shot her a look of disagreement, this was a deal Mary was handling for the past month.

Viola and Mary were crafting the deal for ER, with a Steven Astor. "For sure, simply, I will not obtain actions with the stipulations you advocated for that settlement, unless I get at least 40% shares Miss Butterfield. I will dispense at you any requirements you wish to procure as part of the settlement"

"I will settle for 30% Mr.Astor, I would like to remind you, that it is MY personnel that I AM recompensing for, are executing all the services not to mention the ointments and creams are from my pocket as well, you're providing us with the mechanics and that is all" Viola explained.

"Miss Butterfield, the mechanics cost me millions, if you were to acquire just one of those therapeutic machines, your corporation would crumble to pieces. I will not back down from 40% that is my final offer" Mr.Astor said, getting up from the conference chair. His bodyguards opened the door.

Viola stood up, plastering a fake smile on her face, and she approached Mr.Astor extending her hand to him, "I will let you know in a matter of two days, I need to run this contract over with my partner. Thank you for coming. Bu-bye"

"I will look forward to it Miss Butterfield. Have a wonderful day" Mr.Astor said softly. He shook her hand, looking intensely into her eyes and she reciprocated the stare. He let go of her hand and straightened his suit before exiting the premises.

Viola advanced to her chair sitting down as Mary sighed "Viola, you should have agreed with Mr.Astor. It took me a whole month to craft up a meeting with him! His exclusive machines will issue us with preferable pacts with our clients from the financial side that is for sure, but we will be the only corporation in England with that kind of machinery. Do you have any idea what that would do to our name in the country?" Mary elucidated to the rookie.

"Fame?" Viola asked, super bored with the earlier meeting.

"Take it seriously and agree to the deal before someone else begs Steven for it!" Mary said eyeing Viola's movements, she put her feet up on the desk and yawned. Mary rolled her eyes.

"Fine fine I will. I shall call him tomorrow" Viola shrugged it off.

"So I have a question Viola...why did you pick Mrs.Butterfield? That's a really odd last name" Mary said giggling like a little girl.

Viola snorted "Oh my hahahaha! I know, it's too English that's why"

"Indeed it is. Hey, um what was that last stare between you two? It was out of place" Mary asked.

"I know, why did he look at me like that?" Viola asked, more interested in the conversation now.

"I've heard rumors about Steven, he's known to be a player" Mary said, getting up to pour herself a cup of tea.

"Eww, he's like forty!" Viola's expression went from ease to pure disgust, as she munched on her chocolate cookies.

"Yeah, he's a little old but don't you think he's really hot?" Mary asked smirking.

"Okay that's creepy, never say that again" Viola pursed her lips and continued "And he might be hot but I don't have daddy issues, therefore he is not attractive in my eyes." she completely shrugged the thought off.

She was denying that she did find Steven's eyes stunning. His voice was gentle and his touch stirred something interesting in her. Viola sighed as she thought of the man's fine qualities, she took a large bite of her red velvet cake.