Gunshots and Needles

"We've got everyone working on something. We have the guys over there looking up people who recently arrived from France renting motels and cars, with cash payment. We've contacted the head of department in France. It is confirmed, Reine and Omar broke out of prison... someone they bribed was able to hand them the perfect escape route.." Lestrade informed Sherlock, who was pacing back and forth, he looked like a hobo at the moment. A hobo in a suit. It was 7 in the afternoon and all the horrifying thoughts were eating up his brain.

"Alright, the minute you receive updates from the search party I want to be informed first thing Lestrade, this is highly important to me" Sherlock snapped. He was snapping at basically everything that moves, or doesn't. Earlier that day, he broke a chair with his bare hands for hitting his knee with it.

"I can blatantly see that, trust me I will inform you first thing" Lestrade said, irritated to no end. Sherlock was usually annoying but Sherlock without Viola abducted was unbelievably exasperating.

————————

Viola's POV

The paralyzing effect was starting to depart from my body, and I was just waiting for the right moment to get Annabelle out of here as soon as the bastards walked back in. They drugged me earlier with a synthetic, but unfortunate to them, my body was not reacting too well to it. I guess it has adopted and my system grew immune to the effects.

I have managed to walk over to Annabelle and untie her ropes, I checked for cameras and there were none to be found. I told her if she heard them coming in to pick the ropes up and pretend they were on her hands. I've broken free of the cuffs, lots of experience over the years, which was great. I was just patiently waiting to attack the next person to come in.

I told Annabelle to grab whatever weapon she could so she could escape successfully in case someone else tried to get in her way. Of course she opposed the idea at the beginning but I told her if that doesn't happen the kidnappers were going to kill her. Now that is how you motivate a person.

I kept thinking over and over again of who the kidnapper could be, I got to the conclusion that this was obviously someone from my past who wanted revenge. No one would know where I hid my knife back at the garden party unless it was a person who knew me well enough.

Countless names popped into my head, but I couldn't reach a decision. I kept wondering if Mycroft and Sherlock are trying to help from the outside, so far no attempts were made.

My thoughts were cut off when I heard footsteps, "Annabelle close your eyes so you can get used to the darkness and don't Paeta (Finish key term for escape) until I tell you to" "Yes" I saw her pick up the ropes and place them on her hands as if she was tied up. I hid the cuffs earlier, and threw my hands behind my back as if I was still cuffed. We closed our eyes, and I threw the blindfold back on my eyes as did Annabelle, a few minutes later I heard someone open the door room and enter.

They stood still probably trying to adjust to the darkness before coming in, the footsteps were nearing my chair, probably two people. I slowly took my hands from behind and removed the blindfold to peek, the first figure prepared a needle and the second was holding a gun loading it. They were standing beside the desk that was occupied with all sorts of creepy injections.

I took a deep breath and completely removed the blindfold from my eyes slowly placing it on my lap. This was going to be my first murder weapon, I decided. And this needed me to be quick on my feet. I slowly rose from the chair, and when i was standing I threw the chair to their side all of a sudden for distraction. "What the fuck!" I heard the man's voice, followed by a groan from the damage the chair did.