Heart Rhythms and Beats

"We sure wind up in these rooms a lot" Mycroft commented at their current location. They were waiting in the hospital for Viola. The doctors haven't come out yet. Mary and John were seated in across one another.

Even though all of this has happened, John was still angry at the two. He did not even come after Viola even though he knew perfectly she could be in a very terrible condition. Right now, he was not even comforting his own pregnant wife.

Mycroft was sitting down waiting patiently trying to come up with a little bit of humor, Mr.Ice man. Although he was actually worried about Viola, and the state of Sherlock, mostly... Who was not doing very well at the moment.

Sherlock was in actual shock. Yes, Sherlock in shock. He was sitting down on those uncomfortable leathers chairs, his head was leaning in between his hands that were gripping his curls very tightly. He was just silent, zoned out probably thinking of how he'd disappointed Viola. He could not look up and face those bitter white walls of the hospital that kept glaring him down.

"We sure do, I did not expect this" John told Mycroft. "What exactly does that mean? I heard you stayed behind!" Mycroft actually snapped at John. He was not pleased with what he heard from Mary earlier, and it was sort of unbelievable that this was John Watson.

"I did stay behind and I had my reasons Mycroft" John snapped at Mycroft standing up now to face him. "Reasons? I thought you were more human than this! I am, myself, acting more human than you are" Mycroft's words were provoking John.

"You weren't even there!" John retorted painfully and with all guilt. "When I heard I rushed down first thing even though I was in a meeting with the vice roy himself" Mycroft shot back. Those two were not acting themselves, Mycroft was hormonal and John was the one who's angry.

"I'll have you know, the reasons you know are different than the reasons I had in mind" John sighed calming himself down before he could punch Mycroft in the face. "Enough!" Sherlock yelled at the two standing up, a surprised look on his face. As if just now realizing where he was, John and Mycroft looked over at Sherlock, who was deeply feeling the trauma indulging in his system.

None of them has said a word for nearly two hours, until the doctor came out of the operation room Viola was in. He took the green mask off his face, and sighed "Are you related to Viola?" the doctor asked. Sherlock and John stood right in front of the doctor's face. "Yes what's her condition? Is she alive?" Sherlock asked, without even realizing it he had puppy eyes that were filled with hope and fear.

Hoping she would be okay and fearing she would not... John just stayed calm and waited for the doctor to speak up patiently. "I have good and bad news... The patient is fine, her heartbeat is steady, the bullet is out, and she is expected to be awake soon" The doctor assured them so he could wipe the worry off their faces.

"What are the bad news? Speak!" Sherlock yelled at the doctor, he was certainly not able to control himself. "The bad news is that she might be suffering from a disease, Mallory-Weiss tear, it's a disease caused by rips in the esophagus associated with pressure...that is formed due to certain intake of specific drugs...

It seems that she's been under a lot of synthetics in the past 24 hours, which did not really help her case. It's either that, or it's esophageal cancer..." He gave them a moment to register the information.

Sherlock's palm slowly reached up to his slightly parted mouth in shock, he shook his head "No no no, it's not...that!" He choked back a cry, John was nodding his head "No no okay, this is not cancer. It cannot be, there are signs for this sort of thing! What kind of doctor are you?!" He snapped at the doctor.