Bed Of Lies

♤ Quinten Salazar ♤

My eyes scan the current file in front of me while Amini tells me about her day. Although my eyes were not locked with her's I was very much listening to the words that left her beautiful lips.

"I swear I was seconds away from wringing her neck. I had to ask God to calm me down because if I asked for strength. I knew I'd leave handcuffed." She states. I push my glasses back to the bridge of my nose and gaze up at her.

"Now my love, violence is never the answer."

"Some people need a nice ol' slap once in a while." She tells me. I knew she was frustrated about the whole encounterment with the woman who she called a best friend of her's only to find out that she had conceived a child with her past lover. I could imagine the anger she felt within her but, I could not imagine a reason to cause physical harm to another being. That would prove nothing. An eye for an eye will leave everyone blind so trying to get back at someone wasn't beneficial in any case no matter how big or small.

I close my file and begin to eat the kale salad she had brought for me for my lunch break. Due to the fact that I had many files of new patients to look through I simply couldn't make it in time for our routine lunch date.

Thankfully, she understood my reasoning behind it and decided to join me in my office for lunch instead. "How long until we have to part ways?" She inquires pouting. I pick up the napkin beside me and wipe the raspberry vinaigrette dressing from my lips. I lift my right sleeve and check the time."I have about fifteen more mintues why, is there something important you'd like to talk about?" I ask eyeing her. She stands from the leather loveseat in front of my desk and places her hands on the mahogany wood. "A lot can take place in fifteen mintues."

"Not actually. Time flies especially when you're trying to eat in a rush." I admit picking up a fork full of my food only for her to take the bowl from my hands. She places it down on my desk and walks around over to me, turning my office chair around to face her. I gaze into her coffee colored eyes in curiosity hoping that what I said don't offend her in any way.

"I'm not talking about that baby, can you imagine the things that we can do in fifteen mintues?"

I raise my eyebrow and stare at her, "Yeah, I can eat my lunch and listen to you talk about how your day went."

"Stop acting dumb." She smacks her lips.

"How on earth am I acting dumb w-" her lips colliding with mine prevent me from finishing my sentence and her tongue within my mouth made an invisible light bulb appear above my head.

"My love." I announce, breaking our surprising kiss. "If you're insisting what I think it is I'll have to kindly deny your offer."

"Why?" The disappointment in her beautiful voice quickly resulted in melancholy within me. "I simply do not wish to interact in intimacy in public especially in the workplace." I explain, hoping that she understood my reasoning.

"You own this place, you're acting like you'll get fired if you're caught." She laughs, crossing her arms over her chest. I clear my throat and turn my chair back around. "The love you and I shared is one that I myself truly adore, the moment shared between us is something I want to keep between you and I. I simply do not bring my work home nor do I bring my home to work. I'll gladly be intimate with you in the comfort of your home or mine but I cannot outside of that."