While We're Young

♡ Amini Howard ♡

Falling back into the make-up chair I sigh and reach for my phone laying down beside the scattered make-up supplies scrolling through a few messages I had received from Quinten, Almasi as well as my cousin Jabari, A loud scream passes my lips as I read Jabari's message.

Jay

I swear ima find time to fly down and see yo ass jit, it's been too long and I miss you on some lowkey shit. Masi thinking about flying down too...

My eyes beam with tears as I read the message three more times. I miss everyone so much honestly, the only close family I have down here is my aunt and I don't even know her like that; I wasn't really close with my father's side of the family growing up.

I thought that detaching from everything in Florida would be better but I'm not going to lie, the three most important people in my life are down there. Two months have gone by since I've seen Quinten, four since I've seen Almasi and nearly a year since I've seen Jabari.

I miss them all so much.

I exit out of my messages and go straight to my call log, click onto the FaceTime logo and wait as the ringing of my phone echoes in the quiet room. After numerous rings he finally answers. I smile and patiently wait for the call to connect.

"Hey baby!" I say with excitement.

"Hello my love, how are you?" He questions, getting close on the camera.

"Wow, you're glowing! What's your skin care routine?" I ask admiring his beautiful skin.

He chuckles and looks ahead of him before looking back down at his phone. "I could say the same about you, beautiful. You look so vibrant, moonlight." I use my hand to cover my mouth at the fact that I was smiling so damn hard.

"Thank you but how are you, I haven't talked to you in almost a whole week!" I state. My schedule has been busy these last few days that I couldn't even talk to him. Soon as I get home my face collides with my pillow and I fall into a deep sleep; when I am awake and able to talk to him he's busy with work or his kids.

"All is well on my end, what about you. How is everything down in Los Angeles?" I stand from my chair and begin to walk around the empty room for God knows what reason. I do have a small tendency to wander around while talking on the phone.

"I can't complain to be honest. I'm just tired from all the wardrobe changes I have in one day. Nothing major has really happened though but I do have a big photoshoot this weekend which I'm excited for!" From what Lexis told me this photoshoot would change things for me since I would be taking a few pictures with the popular LA models that have already been on billboards in the city and even throughout the nation.

"I love hearing good news," He says smiling, showing one of his dimples. "I'm also glad that you're enjoying yourself."

"I would enjoy myself even more if you were down here with me. Did you know that my cousin and Almasi and trying to fly down here?" I tell him.

"Oh really, when exactly?" I shrugs my shoulders as I fix my top. "I know that Almasi is in college right now and her semester isn't over until December so yeah, Jabari on the other hand sounds like he's really promising about coming down here."