FAN

TW ⚠️ - Violence

♡ Amini Salazar ♡

Her loud cries bring tears to my eyes as I rock her in my arms. "I know baby, I know." Ixora was currently fighting a fever and just seeing her constantly cry without being able to help her made it no better for me. "Mama do you need help?" I look up and see Yesenia leaning over the railing. I quickly shake my head no and smile at her.

"No, I'm okay just go do your homework and make sure that your siblings go to bed on time, please." She doesn't say anything she just nods her head and walks off leaving me with Ixora who was still crying well, hollering and hearing the straining in her little voice broke me. She was crying so hard and I couldn't help her, I tried everything to make her temperature go down but nothing was working at all. I even called my husband's mother and she gave me a few tips as well as offered to drive down and help me but I denied her offer. It's been a month since Cyarra passed and I honestly didn't want to ask for help knowing that she was still going through mourning plus, I had to be able to do this myself. I'm a mom and I need to know how to do these things.

"Okay, come on mamas." I continue to hold in my arms and soothe her but it just made it worse because I now had throw up all over my shirt and she was crying even louder. "You're really hot." I utter placing my hand on her forehead, "Burning up actually." I say, walking over to the couch to lay her down as well as grab my phone. I dial up her doctor as I unbutton her onesie and still try to calm her.

"Dr. Chopra's office." The woman on the other line speaks.

"Hi, I think my baby girl is sick and I might need to schedule the soonest doctor's appointment, she's burning up and just threw up, she can't hold anything down and won't stop crying either." I tell the woman, the line is silent for a few seconds until I hear faint mumbling followed by more silence.

"What's your name and your baby's name, Ms?"

"My name is Amini Salazar, my daughter's name is Ixora Luna Salazar."

"How old is she?"

"Six and a half months."

"Okay I can book you for a eight o'clock appointment tomorrow morning but until then the doctor wants you to try and get her fever down. Take her out of any clothing that will increase her body heat and give her a lukewarm bath. If her fever does not break in the next hour I suggest you take her to the hospital. Babies can go into shock if their body temperature is too high." I nod and place my phone between my ear and shoulder as I remove Ixora completely from her onesie, leaving her in just her diaper, "O-okay, is that all I can do as of now?" I inquire, looking down at my baby girl who was still going at it.

"Yes, just keep a close eye on her."

"Okay, thank you." I end the call and place my phone on the dinette table then sit Ixora up. I try to calm her down while trying to calm myself down. I don't even know how she got sick. I never took her outside when it was too cold nor did I have her around anyone else's kids who were sick. She's always with me so how did she get sick?

"I'm so sorry, mamas. I'm sorry." I apologize to her. I had to have done something wrong that played a part in her to get sick.

"Give her here." I look over my shoulder and see my husband, he takes Ixora out of my arms and walks into the kitchen with her while I follow him. I watch him remove her diaper and place her into the kitchen sick. He turns the water on and tests it before cupping some of it in his hand and pouring it on her tiny body. Her loud cries soon subside; she wipes her own tears, stares up at her father and pouts.