Touch

♡ Amini Salazar ♡

My finger tips trace the tattoos along his chest that rises and falls with every inhale and exhale. He was sleep and I had awaken up before him but instead of getting out of bed I decided to just lay in his arms until he was awake. I also thought about calling our children to check up on them since It had been a week since we left. He insisted on us celebrating our one year anniversary instead of skipping it like I wanted to. I was too stressed about our baby to even try and have fun but I'm not going to lie, I did enjoy being alone with my husband. Spending a whole week in San Diego was beautiful I must say and so was my husband. Looking at him now I can't imagine life without him. With me, there is no life without him if I'm being truly honest with myself. His touch, his love, his energy. Him. Everything about him is perfect.

"You're awake early." He grumbles, pulling me closer to him. He puckers his plump lips with his eyes still closed and waits for me to place my lips against his. I lean in a peck his lips then his cheek. "I'm normally always awake before you." He says, turning to his side. I reposition myself and place my head in the palm of my hand. When his eyes finally open he smiles wide then yawns. Pushing my thick hair over my shoulder, I nod because he was right. He always went to bed before me and woke up before me. I can't wake up early like him and if I do, I have to have more than one alarm set then have him pull me out of bed since the alarms did no justice.

"How'd you sleep, my love?" He slowly lifts his tired body up and stretches his limbs before tossing his feet out of the soft California King bed. I spread my arms out then lift my body up as well. "Really good, I didn't wake up throughout the night." With me being twenty one weeks; my back pains got worse and would at times wake me out of my sleep on top of that, the stress from deciding about our procedure didn't do no justice. "I'm glad, are you hungry?" He extends his hand and waits for me to grab it. Once I do he helps me out of bed and cups my face then kisses my forehead. I smile at the gentle feeling of his lips against my skin then wrap my arms around his torso. I place my chin on his bare chest, staring into his chocolate colored eyes. "Yes, I want-"

"Pancakes are off limits." I roll my eyes in a dramatic manner then smack my lips. I haven't had pancakes in a whole week and it was like I was having withdrawals from them. "Well, our child is craving it, you'd never tell our baby no." I cheese, trying to convince him but the look he gave me clearly stated that he wasn't going to change his mind. "Please." I pout and bat my eyes at him.

Still not working.

"Pretty, pleaseee." I remove my arms from around him and place one of my hands on his crotch. He smirks at me and removes my hand. "No, Moonlight."

"So you're going to let me starve?"

"You're being dramatic we have food, just not what you want. You can have some eggs and toast if you'd like." He suggests.

"I guess but if you scramble them then I will not eat them." There's nothing more disgusting that scrambled eggs. They have to be fried or either boiled for me to even eat them. "I'm aware of that." He turns my body around and places his hands on my hips, guiding me out of our bedroom and down the hall to the much bigger restroom so we could both do our morning routine.

---

I pick away at my eggs since I had lost my appetite in the midst of eating. My husband was devouring is fresh fruit and toast while scrolling through his phone to check his emails most likely. Even though he had taken two weeks off work for not only my procedure but our anniversary as well, he'd still find time to check his emails from work whenever we weren't doing anything. "You're not hungry anymore?" He asks, eyes still on his phone. I shake my head no and get out of my seat then saunter my way to the trash can to throw away the remaining of my breakfast. Afterwards, I head back to our bedroom and climb into bed. Once comfortable in my spot I sigh and place my hand on my belly. Today was our last day here and tomorrow morning, bright and early We'd have to head down to the doctor to get this procedure done. Nervous was an understatement, I was terrified even after my husband assured me countless times that I would be okay and our baby would too. "You're just going to leave me all by my lonesome?" I look over my shoulder and meet his eyes, pursing my lips before laying my head on the lavender pillow. I snuggle up against it and close my eyes but open them when I feel the bed dip. "Do you want to stay in our last day here?" He mumbles and places his lips against my temple. I nod instead of giving him a verbal reply because I know that if I did he'd be able to tell by the tone of my voice that I really wasn't feeling well. "Well I do have a few things planned. Much of them honestly do not require you leaving the house let alone this bedroom." I quickly lift my head and glare at him. "You gonna break me off?" I know sex should be the last thing on my mind right now but I can't help it. Sex is also a good stress reliever too and I'm so damn stressed right now. "No." Well fuck your big head ass. I huff and place my head back down on the pillow.