Nobody Knows

◇ Omniscient ◇

Climbing into the backseat of the sleek, black Lexus rx, Amini removes her turquoise So Real Dior sunglasses that had been a birthday gift from Kendall and closes the door behind her. "You have everything, right?" She looks over at Yesenia who was occupied by her phone. "Uh huh." She replies, eyes still glued on the device in her hand.

"I swear you need a time limit on that thing, you're on it all day." Amini utters only to pull her phone out seconds later. "I'm looking for shelters in the area that might want help, it'll look good on my college application." Finally looking up from her phone, Yesenia looks at Amini and smiles, "You look cute, mom." Yesenia compliments.

"Thank you." Amini sighs, running her fingers through her curly hair. She had to get used to being called mom now. She had no problem with it but that three letter word always put her on edge being that she never viewed herself as such a responsible person to be given the title as a mother. At the same time she loved it because that meant that Yesenia was finally comfortable and felt like family which is all Amini and Quinten wanted.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure, what is it?" Amini locks her phone and tosses it in her purse then looks over at her daughter, waiting for her question.

"Why are you guys going on a vacation to Europe and leaving us behind?" Yesenia questions while scrolling on her phone.

Amini arches one of her threaded brows and looks at Yesenia. "It's not a vacation, it's work related and you guys have school. Your father was the one who decided not to take you guys with us so you should be asking him that, not me." Amini sighs knowing that if she had the chance to she'd take all four of them to Europe with her but Quinten did not want that to interfere in their school work so he thought that it was best to let them stay with Imani until they returned.

"How is it work related for dad though, this has nothing to do with him." Yesenia points out.

"Because your dad wants to come with," Amini starts picking at her nails while she adverts her dark brown eyes. "He just wants to be supportive." She states which was somewhat of the truth. Quinten did want to be a supportive husband and watch his wife walk down the runway but, that was not the reason he would be flying to Europe with Amini. She had actually begged him to come with because she felt that being away from her husband for two months would drive her crazy not to mention the fact that she's be in a whole other country with her rapist manager. Jabari was still looking into managing her but he just wasn't moving fast enough so until then, Amini wanted her husband to be by her side at all times when around her manager and for the most part he was.

"Well what about us, why can't we travel with you guys?"

"How about we just change the subject." Amini suggests, placeing her designer frames back on her face.

"Mom, can I get a tattoo?" Amini looks over at her daughter and glares at her, her facial expression giving an answer before her words can. "Please, it'll be small and like on my foot or something." She explains trying to persuade her.

"No." Yesenia huffs and crosses her arms over her chest, "No one would even see it."

"Exactly, because you won't get one."

"I bet dad would let me get one."

"Really?" Amini removes her sunglasses and laughs, "He barely let's you spend the night at Karen's house, do you really think that he'll let you get a tattoo, maybe those press on ones from those little machines but a real one? No."