Nightingale

♡ Amini Salazar ♡

I lay in bed with a 24k gold face mask on my face while my cousin; Jabari sits in the far side of my bedroom looking over a few things. It had been a week since what took place in Paris. Jensen has yet to be found as well and because of that, I have not left my home, I'm actually scared to. This man threatened my life and is now missing, who's to say that he's not out looking for me to actually take action of his words?

"You good, Mina?" I turn my head and look over at Jabari. I was not okay at all but I'll get there well, hopefully. I don't want to let this break me but I do know that I will need time to recover from this. "I'm just thinking." I reply as I try to reposition my body. I've been on bed rest for a week as well, my physical injuries are healing fine except for the stitches I have on the side of my head from when I was hit with his gun as well as the ones on my lip but, the rest of the bruises along my body are healing. Walking around the house is painful but it all takes time.

"About what?" I hear him ask. I don't respond simply because I don't want to talk about it, I'm not ready to be honest. I just want to try and focus on the things that are important to me. "Yesenia's birthday is tomorrow." I announce. "She's going to be sixteen." I smile a bit. Even though Yesenia had been in our lives for a few months now I grew attached to her and loved her to death, My oldest is really going to be sixteen years old. My husband took her to that Kehlani concert she was stoked for last night so tomorow we'd spend her birthday as a family. Everyone would go out to dinner except for myself. I don't want to make any public appearances yet since the tabloids are still talking about Paris.

Because of that I told her that when she came back from dinner her and I would have a girls night with the two of us doing facials, mani pedis and talking about the latest drama in her sixteen year old life being that she had decided to go back to public school for the rest of this semester. "Any plans?"

"Quinten took her to a concert. I'm having some girl time with her." I reply.

"Your assistant called earlier while you were asleep." He tells me, I lift my head and nod. I forgot that I had endless photoshoots and runway appearances to attaned. "Someone wants to do a radio interview with you about what happened." He says lowly as he flips through the pages of his notebook.

"I'll think about it

"I'll think about it." I quickly reply. I haven't even opened up to my husband yet so as for that interview, I'm not doing it. I'm not sure if I should even do shit like that honestly, I mean people do need to hear my part of the story but, I don't think I'm ready for that. I just want to recover but I don't want to shut the world out while doing it. I also don't want to just jump back into work like it's nothing like I was doing because when I did, that shit just piled up on me.

"I didn't see a tree downstairs. Y'all skipping Christmas this year?" I nod and toss the blankets off my body. No one is really in the Christmas mood in this household. Not even our youngest children. They just want to spend time with their father. "We have other things to worry about right now." I force myself to get out of bed and tighten the plush lavender robe I got as a gift a few weeks ago then take my time walking out of my bedroom in search of food. I haven't had an appetite in so long but, I don't want to sit around the house and starve myself. I take my time walking down the staircase of my home, holding onto the railing until my two feet were on the warm, hardwood floor of the living room. "Mimi!" Lur runs over to me and hugs me. "Oh, baby girl." I huff, her colliding with my body instantly makes my eyes water but I fight my tears and pick her up, placing a kiss on her cheek. "What's that?" She asks, peeling my face mask back. "A face mask." I tell her as I remove it fully, revealing my tired face. "Oh, daddy took us to get ice cream and toys for my room I want to show you!" She says cheerfully moving around in my arms. "Stay right here while I go get them!" She yells running out the front door as my husband walks in with bags from Toys R Us in his hands. We meet one another's eyes before he places the bags down and goes back out. I walk into the kitchen and grab a glass out of the cabinet to get some water. "Hey mama, how are you feeling today?" I look over my shoulder and see Yesenia, she steps to me and smiles then hugs me gently. "I'm good, how was your day? I see your dad took you guys shopping." I point out looking at the Bath & Body Works bag in her hand. "Not really I just got a few lipglosses and lotions. He took the girls shopping for toys." I nod and saunter to the fridge and open it. Looking at everything we had to eat-everything I did not want to eat. I sigh and turn around to see my husband standing in the doorway of our kitchen. He looks at me then at Yesenia who looks at the both of us then quietly walks out. My husband and I really haven't said much to one another once returning home. It's not like we were mad or anything I think we were still processing stuff? "Hi." I speak after moments of silence. "I see you took the girls out for some fun, where's Osvaldo?"