New Balance

Yo we deadass hit 20k reads like wtf 😭😭

to give my thanks here is an update ♡

◇ Omniscient ◇

She releases a shaky breath into the afternoon air as she slips into his vehicle; pressing her back against the leather interior, she turns her being and looks up at him as she tries to hold back the tears of relief forming in her coffee colored eyes. 

"You did good moonlight." He assures her, placing his large hand on her exposed thigh. Smiling at his soothing words, tears run down her butterscotch cheeks. Luckily, the pads of his thumbs catch them just as soon as they fall.

"I know," She mumbles. "It's just all sinking in right now." Exhaling, she opens her eyes and looks into his once more. "I'm proud yet upset that I waited so long to do this. I mean-" Her sentence is cut short when his lips brush against her's; distracting her worried thoughts with a gentle kiss.

"There's no need to be upset with yourself when you just took a step you never thought you'd be able to take my love. I'm proud of you and you should be proud of yourself as well. It takes time to get where it is we want to be in life and it's perfectly okay that it took you a few years to do such. There's no shame in it at all." He was right, Amini wouldn't be where she is today if she didn't have to go through years of struggle. Those years were unfortunately so traumatizing to her but those years also shaped her into the woman she is today. A woman who is learning to love herself, trust her heart and love as well as be loved by the right person.

She nods as his statement, wiping away the last bit of tears that were on her cheeks as he closes the door after her. Slipping into the driver's side, Quinten buckles up, adjusts the rearview mirror and starts his vehicle up. Resting his large hand on the back headrest of Amini's seat he looks over his shoulder, running his tongue across his plump bottom lip, making sure not to bump into the car that was too close to his "Buckle up." He mumbles, shifting the gear, slowly emerging out of the tight parking space.

His right foot rests behind his left, something that left Amini confused. If the gas was on the right side why would he use his left foot instead of his right? A question she had asked many of times knowing that the same asnswer would be it's easier for me. Which was oddly true.

He keeps a firm hold on the steering wheel with his left hand while his right lays on his lap. Amini watches him carefully, taking in his relaxed body language as he slowly moves his head to the sound of Lauryn Hill's beautiful, soulful voice flowing throughout his vehicle. Dropping her left hand into his, she interlocks their fingers and brings the back of his hand to her soft lips.

"What you need might pass you by if you don't catch it." Amini sings along with Lauryn causing a smile to form on Quinten's thick lips. "Do you believe that?" Amini inquires placing her lips upon the back of his hand once more. He runs his tongue along his bottom lip and glances over at her for a quick second then back at the road. "Do I believe in what moonlight?" He questions removing his hand from her's to turn the radio down a bit.