Eternal Sunshine

◇ Omniscient ◇

Trying to get pass the metal double doors only to be pushed back by the EMT who was currently sitting on top of his daughter, giving her chest compressions frustrates him to the point that he punches the nearest wall beside him. "Sir!" One of the nurses at the information desk shouts. Quinten gazes are her and clenches his jaw before walking over to his wife who was sitting down with Lur on her lap and tears cascading fown her redden face. Trying to be comforting, she reaches over and places her hand on her husband's only for him to pull away and stand to his feet.

He begins to pace back and forth hoping that he's be able to calm his nerves by staying in motion but after getting sight of his daughter being unconscious on a stretcher with a EMT trying their best to awaken her left him worried and hurt along with angry, in that order. "Try to calm down, please." His wife insists which results in him glaring at her. The two were still at each other's throats, it had been a week now and nothing was getting better in fact, this made things worse because in Quinten's eyes it was his wife's fault that their daughter had to be rushed to a hospital. "You should be the last one telling me anything right now, it's best if you just shut up." Amini twists her lips at him, nods then places Lur down in the empty seat beside her. She then carefully stands up and rests her left hand on her lower back. "You'd pick the right time to be an asshole you know. Our daughter had to be rushed to the emergency room and you still choose to be a standoffish ass person, grow the hell up and let it go already."

"Let it go? This happened when she was in your care!" His voice elevates, catching the attention of the others who were in the waiting room. "Whatever." Amini rolls her eyes and walks over to one of the bathrooms leaving him alone with Lur who gets out of her seat and climbs into her father's lap. She lays her head on his shoulder and begins to pat his back while he holds her, resting his chin on her tiny shoulder.

"Why do you and Mimi always yell at each other?" She asks her father

"We do not yell." He replies.

"Yes, she yells then you yell at her." Removing her head, she looks at her father briefly and places her hand on his cheek to wipe away the tears that had suddenly fallen from his dark brown eyes. "It's okay, daddy." Wrapping her arms tightly around her father's neck, she hugs him then kisses his cheek. Quinten clears his throat and slouches in his chair, eyes wandering around the emergency room at all the other beings who were in here, patiently waiting for a loved one or family member.

"Tears remind you, you're alive." Furrowing his brows at the similar voice, Quinten lifts his head and gets a glimpse of his sister. He attempts to stand but his sister places her hand on his shoulder, making him stay seated in his seat. "How is she, I drove over once Amini called." His sister states, taking the seat right beside him. Quinten sighs and tilts his head back. "I-I don't know. I got here right when the paramedics arrived and they were doing chest compressions on her, from what I saw.... She was unresponsive."