Fool In Love

♡ Amini Howard ♡

My body tenses up when I feel his hand along my lower back, reminding me of what I had to go through two days ago, painting vivid pictures of the assault along with the feeling of his cold hands on my body, controlling me like I was a puppet and he was the puppet master.

"C-can you please not touch me, please." I say, removing his hand from my body, he gives me a subtle nod and steps a foot or two away from me, letting walk up the steps of his home first.

"H-here." He extends his hand, handing me his house keys. I fumble with the knob, growing frustrated until he places his hand over mine. "You have to giggle it a bit, I've been meaning to get this fixed." His warm voice lingers through my ears, calming me until I look up at him and make eye contact. Something I haven't been able to do since that night in fear that he'd be able to read me like an open book. My thoughts and emotions are painted along a glass wall when looking into his eyes. He sees all that it is I'm afraid to say and the fact that he doesn't speak on it makes me worry as to what it is he is thinking.

But at the same time, I don't even want to know about the thoughts within his mind. "Thanks." I utter, pushing the door open, eyes wandering around his home. I couldn't go to mine due to the still an open case, clearly whoever it was that assaulted me knew me and most likely knew where I laid my head at night so right now the best place to stay was with him.

"Is my sister he-" looking up at him my words get stuck in my throat, inhaling quickly I avert my eyes. Why was I so nervous to speak to him, why was his presence so eerie to me? Why did I feel like he was out to hurt me when he never did, why was his hand on my body so unpleaseing to me?

"No." He answers, "She will be stopping by later on to check on you along with your father and a cousin I believe."

"Jabari?" I ask, tucking my lips.

"She never told me a name of who the person was."

"Oh."

"Would you like to rest or perhaps eat something, when was your last meal?"

"That day- I'm not hungry actually."

"Thirsty, do you want to talk about anything?" He asks, trying to look in my eyes. I shake my head and look around, trying to keep my words to myself instead of saying what it was I truly felt.

"Well are you tired, I arranged one of my guest rooms for you moonlight." I run my shaking fingers through my wild curls that I didn't take the time to fix before leaving the hospital.

Instead of speaking to him I simply nod and let him lead the way to the staircase. Griping the railing tightly, keeping my body upright, I squint my eyes and hiss at the pain I felt with each step I took. Burning like someone was giving me an Indian burn everytime I lift my leg to get to the next step.

"I'll be down the hall or downstairs if you need me okay." I nod and look around the dim bedroom that smelled sweet for some reason. "Hey Quinten."

"Yes?" I turn my body and look up at him, finally being able to look him in the eyes without feeling any kind of fear in me. "Th-ank you." He closes his eyes and releases a breath, looking in my eyes. "Usted conseguirá con esto."

"You know that I c-"

"Get some rest Mi luz de luna." He replies quickly, exiting out of the room.