Cold Case Love

♡ Amini Salazar ♡

♡ Amini Salazar ♡

I lay my head on his shoulder, finding endless comfort. The smell of his strong cologne made it so much better too. "So this is really want you do when you're off from work?" I ask as I grab a handful from the bowl of kettle corn sitting on his lap. He nods and grabs some for himself, tossing all of it in his mouth at once. "I mean of course I party here and there but when I want to be by myself I stay in my pad, watch some movies and eat junk food, why do I not seem like the type?" He looks at me with one of his thick eyebrows arched.

I nod and toss some pieces of popcorn in my mouth. "I mean your music kinda equals up to the kind of guy you are but still, I'm glad I get to see this side of you." He laughs at me and focuses back on the t.v. I do the same and munch away in our popcorn as we just enjoy each other's company. Spending time with him has been a highlight for me, with everything I've been through it feels good to not have to argue over anything or second guess how someone feels about you like it was with my husband. It was painful for the both of us but, I'm glad that we've both passed that chapter and are learning to fully co-parent without arguing or having disagreements. I have yet to sign the divorce papers, it's not because I'm holding onto what's no more but it's because I actaully misplaced the papers and I don't want to tell my husband. He doesn't seem to mind it anymore he's moved on to another woman and I guess I might be doing the same with Aubrey even though him and I are more like friends instead of a couple but I'm fine with that. My mentality is not ready for a relationship and as of right now, I'm not ready to love anyone with all of me. My focus is just on my kids and that's about it.

"I have to go soon," I say and I remove my head from his shoulder. I feel him wrap his arm around my waist and pull me back close to him. "I have to go pick my daughter up, I miss her and I know she misses me." Ixora is a month and a half now and I was finally able to leave the house without her but after an hour, I was missing her sweet little face. "Alright that's fine, I have no plans later on this week so maybe we can go out to dinner or something Friday night?" He suggests. I get off of his couch and pull my shirt down then shake my head.

"My daughter is turning eight this weekend and we're throwing her a two day party so I'll be busy." It's so hard to believe that Paz is really about to be eight now, when I met her she was five; time is really flying by. Standing from the couch, he drapes his arm over my shoulder and walks me through his home until we reach his front door. Opening it for me, he steps aside and waits for me to walk out. Just as I do, he pulls me back and makes me turn around to face him. "How about next week then. Before I have to fly out to New York?"

"You're going to New York?" I ask as I rest my hands on his shoulders.

"Yeah. I have a interview with the breakfast club about my album and stuff like that."

"Oh, well I'll have to see. My baby girl is my main priority as of now." I say truthfully. I had to force myself to even show up to his house today to be honest. I don't want him around my daughter simply because he's not the one I'm dating and if I'm not dating him then there's really no point in him even being around my child and even if I were to date him, now would be too soon for him to even meet her- why am I even thinking about the possibility of us dating to start with?