I Do Love You

♡ Amini Howard ♡

My nails dig into the arms of the leather chair while I try to calm myself. I was doing this for him- for us. The tension between us was so unbearable and honestly made me feel on edge. Whenever he looked my way my breath caught in my throat, the beating of my heart increased and my hands became clammy. I knew he was still angry with me and he had every right to be after what I did, I'm still shocked that he even wants me in his fucking life.

"I'm sorry." I utter finally looking up at him. He quickly glances at me then looks straight ahead. I watch his jaw clinch as he leans forward, rubbing his large hands together. "I'm sure you are." He speaks. My heart quickly flutters at the sound of his deep soothing voice but breaks soon after realizing that his way of tone was careless.

"Hello Amini and Quinten, sorry I'm late." My eyes meet with a pair of green ones, the woman smiles at us, sits down at her desk and pulls out a notebook. "Since we couldn't meet up last week due to both or you having a busy schedule this session will be an extra hour. I'll need the two of you to introduce yourselves starting with Quinten." I look over at him and wait for him to speak first, he sits quietly and he strokes his goatee.

"I'm Quinten Salazar, thirty five years old. I have three children from a previous marriage and my occupation is a developmental psychologist. I'm currently a therapist and a college professor part time at UCLA." The woman nods and writes something down on the notebook in front of her.

"How long have the two of you been together?" She asks, looking at Quinten then myself.

"On and off for two and a half years, I guess." He tells her.

"More like a year and a half. We lost contact for a year then got back together." I explain.

"I see. Okay, Amini what about yourself?" I tuck my bottom lip and stare at her, why was I so nervous just to introduce myself to her? "I-I'm twenty six years old and an upcoming model, I guess."

"Okay well tell me why the two of your are here today." I look over at Quinten, he gestures for me to speak instead of him. "Three weeks ago I had an Ectopic pregnancy and since then things haven't been so great between us." I admit

"Why?"

"Yes, why?" Quinten questions, looking at me.

I roll my eyes at the way he asked that question as well as the facial expression he was giving me

I roll my eyes at the way he asked that question as well as the facial expression he was giving me. He was being petty for no reason at all. "I pushed him away." I tell her.

"Why?" The green eyed woman asks.

"I-I don't know, I just shut down when things get hard for me and that's what I did. I pushed him away then got angry when he did exactly what I wanted."

"And Quinten, how do you feel about this?" I turn my head and look towards him. He glances at me again then looks at the therapist.

"Hurt as well as angry."