How Did We Get Here

♡ Amini Salazar ♡

I sit in the makeup chair with my baby girl on my lap. She was now four months old and as much as I hated it, I was back at work, surrounded by all these people who's motivation is nothing but power and money, I mean it's great when you have a good heart when it comes to it but if you don't, it's fucking disgusting.

"I'm so glad you're back for good, we honestly missed you!" Kendall geeks out as she takes a seat beside me. She takes Ixora out of my arms and sits her on her lap. "She looks so much like her dad." She informs me. She was right, when I look at my baby girl all I see is her father, she has his eyes, his nose, ears and even his facial expressions. She's his twin all day and night.

"I know, I swear she looks nothing like me. All she has is my attitude." I laugh a little.

"So how are you holding up with all of this, you know your personal things and coming back to work. Are you happy, excited or nervous?" She asks as she bounces Ixora on her lap, I watch carefully just to make sure that she wasn't bouncing her too hard because my baby girl has a weak stomach and will spit up on you in a heartbeat.

"All of the above." I admit. My head was just above water. After what happened with my husband the night of our fight that left not only him but me in handcuffs as well. Everything else around me was moving too fast for me; dealing with him and his childish ways was the most irritating part for me. I mean I was mature enough not to press changes on him for pushing me into a fucking glass table that left a ugly ass gash on my forehead that has yet to fully heal. He decided to get a restraining order on me though so I can't be within a hundred feet of him which is honestly so fucking stupid because we have a baby together and four other children who just want to see their parents act civilized.

"I just moved into my new place and since I'm paying the bills on my own, I have no other choice but to come back here. With my cousin being my manager I know that it won't be as stressful like it was before and my mindset is better now." I say truthfully. I'm kinda glad that everything went down the way it did because it honestly shaped me into a much more stronger person, I'm not as weak as I once was, I'm more outspoken and if I don't like something, I let it be known.

"That's good, everything has been great for all of us since we're all under much better management. There's no power trip at all."

"That's how it should always be." I state as I reach for my baby girl, placing her in my lap as focus back on getting my makeup done.

"Do you want this covered up, Mrs. Salazar?" My makeup artist asks referring the healing gash on my forehead.

"Not really unless you can style my hair a certain way to cover it, if not then no I'm fine with it also, tell the photographer that I don't want any of my photos retouched, leave them as is." I we able to get my stomach a little bit flatter after having my baby girl but I did have stretch marks that I grew to love and the last thing I wanted was to remove them. By doing that it would be creating this false ass image of me that I do not agree with.

◇ Omniscient ◇

Trying to balance out a photoshoot while also trying to tend to a crying four month old who wouldn't allow anyone to hold her unless it was her mother or Kendall was hard to do but somehow and some way through the countless touch ups, cries and breaks it got done and Amini was more than exhausted but proud of herself as well. Seated in the photographer chair in the ivory robe provided by her stylist next to the photographer that she honestly did not have a liking to, she looks at the monitor. "I like this one, my ass looks really good in it." She points out which was honestly true.