Paradise

This chapter is sooooo long so I apologize in advance

♡ Amini Howard ♡

"Would you stop it!" I huff with the stomp of my foot. Laughter emits from his thick lips as he continues with the actions he knew irritated me. "Quinten I'm being so serious right now can you please stay still?" I ask as I bring the camera lenses to my eye, trying to snap a picture before he makes another sudden movement.

"See, was that hard?" I question while moving the polaroid picture back and forth, waiting for the image to appear. "Was tricking me into coming here that hard?" He mocks.

Rolling my eyes, I look down at the picture I had taken of him, a smile curling at my lips while feeling a warmth sensation fill my heart. "I thought there was a no electronics allowed during this vacation." Quinten states, walking over to me, taking the picture from my petite hand. "Why do you think I'm using this camera instead of my phone." I reply, reluctantly taking the photograph from his hand and putting it with the others I had taken in the last three hours.

"Okay what's on today's agenda?" He asks. Wrapping his arms around my waist. I lean my head back against his chest and close my eyes. Feeling his energy collide with mind, my heart rate increases as my breathing begins to slow down. His touch excited me but at the same time relaxed me. I didn't know how or why but I enjoyed it all. "I have a few things to take care of being that you're going to be thirty-five tomorrow." I smile as I turn around to look up at him.

I don't want to celebrate it. I place my hands of each side of his face, pulling his face closer to mine. "Well, we're celebrating anyway so deal with it." I reply, kissing his lips. He lets out a sigh but smiles soon after. As much as he told me that he didn't want to celebrate his birthday I knew he was lying.

I mean who doesn't want to celebrate the day they were brought into this world? I'm not saying to go all out every year but a simple birthday song and a few gifts could be just enough. Lucky enough, we'd be spending his birthday together and alone which is what I was yearning for. Just the two of us without there being any kind of drama or misfortune in our lives is all I wanted. More for him rather than myself. I realized that within these last few weeks his happiness has been a main priority of mine. Not saying that I don't take my own into consideration because I most defiantly do, but I'm also making sure to take his into consideration as well.

I have to make sure that he's okay just like I do with myself. When someone's happiness starts to become just as important as yours that's when you know you're in love with them.

I am definitely in love with this man.

"I'm not going overboard with it though so don't worry, it's just going to be a lot of intimacy between the two of us." I state, he raises his brow and slightly tilts his head to the side. He was confused and that's exactly what I wanted from him for the time being.

"Can I at least get a hint?" I shake my head and quickly snap a picture of him. Removing the photo I sway it back and forth while waiting for the image to appear. "Ew why do you look so awkward?" I laugh, turning the picture around for him to look at.