Give Me Love

TW ⚠️ - SA
____________

◇ Omniscient ◇

"I rather much stay in my home than party with you." Quinten states. Amini looks down at her phone and puckers her lips. "We're like a block or two from your house come out and have fuuuun," She whines. "Are you really going to stay home on Cinco De Mayo?" His sublte head nod results in the rolling of her coffee colored eyes. Looking up from her phone screen her eyes search for Kayla who was a few feet ahead of her. "Hold on Kay!" She calls out before looking back at her phone, seeing Quinten look at her with his chin upon his hand.

"Why do you look so bored?" She questions

"Why do you look so bored?" She questions. Exhaling he sits up, bringing his celluar device closer to his face. "I'm not," he replies, removing his hat to scratch his hair that was now back to it's original color. "I'm actually about to meditate and go over a few files."

"That sounds boring." She replies, pushing her dark hand behind her ear.

"To you. For me it's an enjoyment and a productive night." He replies nonchalantly, standing to his feet. "Are you going to be awake later on?" Amini questions, tucking her bottom lip between her ivory teeth.

"Most likely, why?"

"I miss you, I haven't seen you in a week." The two of them had agreed to be apart from one another for a few weeks so they could find time in working on themselves instead of one another. At first Amini was against it until she realized that she didn't want Quinten to be her only support system. She wanted to be able to stand alone and support herself as well so she understood the reasoning for the distance that really wasn't much of a distance since the two of them talked to one another via FaceTime at least three times a day.

Even when separated they were inseparable.

"Well.." he trails off walking up the stairs of his safe haven. "My kids are coming over for the weekend. My son wants me to help him finish this project he has for earth science and my daughter wants me to help her piece together an outfit for picture day Monday. Maybe we can meet Tuesday during my lunch break?" He offers, walking into his office. Turning the light switch on he releases a breath of relief, realizing that it had been nearly a week since he had stepped foot in the room that was the scent of old papers and essential oils. "Yeah Tuesday is fine." Amini replies.

"Okay, stay safe moonlight and if you are too intoxicated to drive home please request an Uber, the same goes for your friend."

"Goodnight, I'll talk to you soon?" She asks with the raise of her brow. "Very soon, buena noche hermosa." When the call disconnects Amini stuffs her phone into the pocket of her leather jacket and runs over to Kayla with the clicking of her black stilettos echoing throughout the dark streets of Tampa. "He's not coming huh?" Kayla questions locking arms with her best friend. Amini shakes her head no, exhaling into the cooling night air. "Looks like you're third wheeling tonight." Kayla laughs playfully hitting Amini on the arm.
"After three whole years I'm the one who's single on Cinco De Mayo." She mumbles rolling her eyes. "It's about time bitch, had my ass always sitting at the bar alone while you dancing your ass off with guy after guy."