Coming Clean

"Baby I shouldn't have kept it from you, I feel so bad. I should have told you straight away" I said as more tears filled my eyes.
"Baby what's happened? Have you cheated on me?"
Tears fell down my cheeks. He let go of my hands. Blake's eyes looked full of emotion, like he was about to cry.
"No! I could never do that! You're the best thing that's happened to me!"
He let out a sigh of relief and grabbed my hands again.
"Thank God! What's wrong then?"
"Just promise you won't leave me or judge me"
"I'm never going to leave you"
"I've got a scan next week I got the letter a few days ago. I want you to come with me"
"Of course I will! What's the scan for?"
"My tumor" I whispered not wanting to say it, with tears down my cheeks.
"Oh baby" he said sadly. We were in a booth so he moved around and hugged me tight. I buried my head into his neck, he pulled away slightly and kissing the top of my head. He pulled away fully and put his hands on my shoulders. "I'm so sorry baby" he moved his hands up to my cheek and rubbed the pad of his thumb under my eyes whipping the tears away.
"I'll come with you and you'll get through this with me by your side."
"Thank you Blakey your amazing. Can we keep it between us for a while just until I'm told the results of this one"
"Of course we can its down to you when we tell anyone"
"Thank you baby" I lent in and kissed him just for a second.
"How long have you known" he asked me.
"They first found it about 7 or 8 years ago. They weren't worried because it wasn't moving but-" I was cut off by the waiter bringing our food. "Thank you" we said.
"Well just before we met I had my scan to check it was all good and well it wasn't"
"Awh baby! Why didn't you tell me earlier?"
"I was scared Blakey. But now I have a scan and I only want you to be by my side no-one else."
"And I will the whole time until it's over. Until your well. And after. I love you so much more than anyone ever"
"I love you too baby! And it means alot you said that! So much! Let's talk about something happier, how are you doing with rehearsals?"
"My love we can't pretend like it's not happening though"
"Blakey I know! It's just I don't like saying it's moving! That everything is not ok! That I might..." Tears filled my eyes "I might not be here for you. And that even if I am I won't be strong and healthy enough to do all things you need me to do"
"Baby don't cry. I hate seeing you upset" he said wiping my tears way with his thumb.
"Please can we not talk about this anymore"
"Of course I'm sorry baby"

When we'd finished we went back to Blake's. "Annabelle are you ok you look like you've been crying?" His mum said as we walked in the door. "Oh yeah, no I'm fine. And please, call me Anna"
"Ok Anna. Are you sure you're fine though?"
"Yeah I'm fine just an over emotional woman I guess" I said smiling and a small giggle.
Me and Blake went up to his room and lay down and watched a movie. We watched If I Stay. My all time favourite. It's so sad, I cry every time. My head was resting on Blake's chest he was messing with my hair down my back. Every time I cried Blake would use the hand that wasn't round my back to wipe my tear away. When it had ended I looked up at him at smiled. "I should go baby"
"Why?"
"Because Reece and George are downstairs and I was here last night. I bet they hate how much I'm around when they want to spend time with you"
"They don't hate you! But if you really want to go home I'll walk you"
"Thank you"
He walked me home and we talked. I opened my door and I stood in the door frame, I turned to Blake. "Goodnight baby. I love you" I lent in and kissed him. After a minute he pulled away. He said "Goodnight gorgeous. I love you too"