Christmas

I woke up at 8 my head was on Blake's chest.
"Good morning my gorgeous. Merry Christmas"
"Merry Christmas B"
"How you feeling today?"
"Fine, good, great"

We went downstairs and I got my morning coffee and sat on the sofa. In front of the tree my parents had put up.
"My family will be round in an hour or 2, definition of  awkward Christmas"
"Why will it be awkward?"
"'Ooo Anna is this Blake ooo Blake' 'how has your year been? Anything exciting'"
"Why is that bad?"
"I'll have to be like yeah great year. Even though let's be honest it hasn't been the best of years has it. Cancer, starving, baby, depression"
"Ok but good thing too. We got engaged, Italy, work. Come on good stuff has happened too"
"I guess you're right as always"
He lent in and kissed me, and my mother of course being the perfectly timed woman she is, walked in.
"For God sake can you two stop sucking each others faces for 10 seconds"
"For goodness sake mum, you're the best at timing" I put my head on his shoulder.
"Well sorry" My dad came in and sat down.
"How you doing?"
"Fine"
"Good I need to get started on dinner soon everyone will be around soon"
We sat and chatted for half an hour until mum and dad got up and Beth got up.
"Finally you're up"
"Leave me alone"
"Nah I'm your sister it's my job"

My family started to arrive. I have no cousins on my mum's side, as I've said before my auntie couldn't have kids. My uncle has a little girl with my other auntie. I was close to my auntie, she was the cool auntie that I would stay at and we'd watch movies, pamper ourselves and gossip about celebrities and our friends. It was so fun we still do it sometime, but with college and our jobs we haven't had the time recently.
"Ooo Anna is Blake here?" My auntie asked when she came in.
"Yep he's sat down"
"Good good just checking. How are you two at the moment?"
"Um rough patch you know things have happened but we're fine really"
"What's happened are you ok?"
"Well yes I guess"
"You want to talk?"
"No I'll be fine"
"No you're not come on"
We went off and talked she helped me and gave me advice. I cried a little bit.
Blake came in looking for me.
"Anna? There you are I've been looking for you" he realised I'd been crying. "Ann are you ok? What's wrong?"
"Nothing I'm fine" he came and crouched down in front of me.
"No you're not is it the same thing, isn't it?"
"Maybe" I said sobbing. He wiped my tears from under my eyes. He took my hands in his and looked down at them.
"I don't know how to make it better. I've tried, but I can't. I'm sorry" he was about to cry, I could tell.
"Don't cry baby, look I'm fine"
"You two are so cute, the way you support each other. Blake, you need to know she just needs time and the same with you. OK?"
"I just feel like I'm meant to-"
"Just be with eachother and time. I'll leave you alone don't be long though"
She left us alone. Blake was still crouched in front of me, holding my hands.
"Hey beautiful, whenever you need space tell me"
"I will let's go back or everyone will wonder what we're doing"

I fixed my make-up and we went to where my family were.
"Hello Annabelle how are you?" My grandmother asked.
"I'm fine gran"
"Who's this?" She asked as Blake came in. She's forgetful she remembers something's and not others, I get it, she's 87.
"My fiancé remember, Blake"
"Oh yes I recall. Hello sweetie" He smiled at her.
"Hiya you alright?" He asked her.
"Yes I'm fine. Nice to see you. Did you say you were going touring or something with a band? Was that you? How was it?"
"That's me. It was amazing to say the least, it was lovely to have Anna next to me, not a lot of people get to tour with their fiancés"
"Awh that's sweet. When's the wedding?"
"God gran you're straight to the point" I said everyone started laughing.
"I'm not sure. With tour, writing, recording, meetings and everything else it's hard to say" Blake said.
"Gran we'd love to tell you went but we don't know where in the world we'll be in a few months"
"Shame"

My little cousin came running up to me. "Anna Anna"
"Hiya you ok?"
"Yaah" she climbed on the sofa next then sat on me. I put my arms round her, she did a big smile at me and I smiled back her. "I've hardly see you this year" she said looking sad and sticking he bottom lip out.
"I'm sorry you know I've been so busy with college then my job"
She jumped off of me and grabbed Blake's hand. "Will you play with me?"
"Yeah of course" he sat on the floor with her, they were so cute. So cute it made my ovaries hurt. He would have been such a good father. He will make such a good father. One day.
"Guys it's ready" my dad said. We all went and said around the table. I had my hands on my lap messing with my ring while everyone got what they wanted. Blake put his hand on top of mine. "You ok gorgeous?"
"Yeah fine" We sat eating and talking.

"Hey Anna can I see your ring I haven't seen it yet" my uncle asked.
"Yeah of course" I put out my hand he held it and looked at it for a minute.
"That is beautiful" my uncle and aunt said.
"I bet it cost a fortune where did you find it?" He asked Blake.
"It was my grandmother's ring. She said how much she liked well loved Anna so I told her how much I loved Ann and how I'd do anything for her, yaya went away and came back with the ring and said 'make her happier than she's ever been before' so I did"
"In other words he liked it so he put a ring on it"
"I'd like to think it was a bit more romantic than Beyoncè"
"It was, I'm sorry, I'm only joking" he smiled and rubbed his hand on my thigh, I looked in his eyes for a second he quickly pecked my lips.
"Oi you two" my mum yelled we looked at her "Can you stop? We're trying to eat. Just keep your hands off for a second. Just this morning I walked in on you sucking each others faces"
"Oh Alison shut up" my Grandma said interrupting my mum. "When Danny started dating you were exactly the same if not worse. All you did was kiss no matter who was watching, at least I haven't seen these two, to use your words 'sucking each others faces' yet like I have you, their lips hardly touched. I've seen you do much worse so shush" ROASTED.
"Yes gran you tell her"
"But for real Anna no more I'm trying to enjoy my dinner if you don't stop I won't 'tell her'"
"OK OK we'll stop"

*****
Me and Blake got to his somewhere between 2 and 3. His mum came to us and gave me the biggest hug.
"Oh Anna how are you feeling?"
"I'm fine, thank you"
"Oh good thank goodness"
"I'll leave you alone" Blake kissed my cheek and when to where his family were.
"How are you, well you know?"
"Fine as fine can be, of course not perfect. As a couple we're working through it getting better. But I just. We're trying. It's difficult"
"Remember you're in my family now and we'll all support you whenever. Come on I'll introduce you to everyone" we went through and she introduced me to everyone. I looked at Blake and smiled. He was playing with a little girl. "That's my niece, Blake and Abbie's cousin"
"Awh she's so cute" I sat down next to Blake.
"Luc" he said. "Hey Lucy" she looked at him. "This is Anna" she looked at me for a second. "Hi" she said quietly, making my heart melt. She put her hand out to me and put my hand to her she grabbed my fingers.
"Awh she likes you" he said, I smiled at him.

"What have you been up to recently, Anna?" The one question I'd been dreading.
"I've been on tour with the lads, editing, meetings and some other stuff. But stressed out I can tell you that for sure, everything is just getting a head of me"
"I'm sorry to hear that but traveling must have been amazing seeing the world"
"It was really amazing seeing all the places I've want to see I've seen and having such an amazing time with Blake and everyone else"

We stayed with his family until they left. His mum and sister had gone to bed. Blake put some music on, we were sat talking. Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran came on. He stood up in front of me. "May I have this dance?"
"I don't think so, I've never danced, I don't know how"
"Don't worry I'll teach you"
"It's hard to stay no to you" he grabbed my hand and spun me around into him.
"Ok put your hand here" he said taking my arm and putting it round his waist. "And I put mine here" he said putting his round mine. "Now just follow my lead"
We danced to the rhythm of the music, when the song finished I took a step back and looked him in the eye.
"I told you you could dance" he smiled and kissed me. "I love you"
"I love you more"
He picked me up and spun me around. I held his hand.
"Come on I'm tired, let's go upstairs"

I lay in bed looking at the ceiling.
"What's up baby?" He asked me.
"Nothing" I smiled at him and kissed him. He put his arms around me pulling me into him.
"Are you sure?" He asked.
"Of course I am"

I woke up with my head on Blake's chest and his arm round me.
"Good morning baby" he said to me.
"Morning"
"Right gorgeous I didn't give you your present yesterday" he passed me a small box.
"Jewelry?" He did that smile meaning I was wrong and thinking to small.

Sorry this took so long but yaay long chapter 1774 words
First written- 20th October
Last updated- 30th December