Birthdays

It was Blake's birthday dinner. It was his mum, his sister, me and of course Blake.
"Thank you guys for this I love you all" Blake said. "Mum thanks for being the best mum, letting me travel and live my dream. Abbie thanks for being an awesome sister and my partner in crime. And Anna thank you for being there, making me proud and letting me live my dream"
"Are we going to say it now?"
"Yeah we are. Mum, Abbie you know Anna got sent home from the hospital?"
"Yes" they said.
"Well they day she left they took a blood sample just to be sure she was ok and..." Blake looked at me.
"I got the call this morning" I said "I'm all clear. No cancer cells left. All gone"
"Oh my Goodness Anna that's amazing!" They said.
"I know"
"I'm so proud of you Anna" Blake said putting his arm around me and pulling me into him.

At the end of the dinner Soulla said "Are you coming home with us Anna? You're more than welcome"
"Um I don't know I feel like I'm keeping Blake from you"
"No you're not. Come back to ours we were just going to watch TV and have a movie night"
"Are you sure? I don't want to tread on your toes"
"Of course"
So I went back to theirs we watched movies and I snuggled up to Blake. "Awh you two are so cute" Abbie said. "I ship Blanna!"
"Blanna?" I asked
"Blake and Anna!! Your ship name!!"
"Ahh it's cute" I said.

After a while I said "Blake I should go give you some time with your family"
"Are you sure? You don't have to"
"Yeah I'm sure. Will you take me?"
"Of course I will"
Blake walked me home. I was stood on my door step and I turned to him. "Thank you baby"
"Of course anytime"
"Will I see you tomorrow?"
"I'm afraid not. But I will see you the next day. Of course I will it's your birthday. And I wouldn't miss that"
"What are you doing?"
"That is a secret. But a good one I promise"
"Ok then I trust you. Night baby. I love you" I said and I lent in and kissed him. After a few minutes, my mum opened the door. "Stop making out on my door step you two!" She smiled.
"For goodness sake" I said rolling my eyes.
"I love you see you soon baby" Blake said pecking my lips.
"I love you too" I said and he left. I turned to my mum.
"Really?"
"What?" My mum said.
"Why would you do that?"
"Because I didn't want the neighbors seeing you and Blake on the doorstep making out. Can you, you know, save it for when you're alone?"
"Oh my God mum" I said going red with embarrassment and walked past her into the house.
"Anna I'm not an idiot I know what you guys do"
"Please stop"
"I will if you promise one thing"
"What?"
"You two are safe right?"
"Oh my god mum"
"Anna you are aren't you?"
"We're fine"
"Are you sure?"
"Yes mum can we stop now"
"Fine just so I know"
"Dont know why you needed to know but whatever"
"Because Annabelle you're my daughter"
"Exactly"
"I don't want grandkids just yet"
"I'm going now" I said walking upstairs.

I didn't see Blake the next day. I'm really intrigued into what he's up to. I didn't want to seem clingy so I didn't call, text or facetime him. My mum and dad weren't at work so I spent the day with them.
"Hi Anna" my dad said as I went downstairs.
"Hi guys why are you here shouldn't you be at work?"
"Well tomorrow is your birthday, a big one. And Blake told us your all his tomorrow but we can have you all day today as he has some stuff he needs to sort, so we decided we'd take the day off take you into town, go birthday shopping and get you a nice birthday dinner. You down for that"
"Yeah I'd love that"
"We'll go in like an hour then"
"Ok" I went upstairs and got dressed.
It was nice going round town with my parents and just spending time with them. They bought me some really nice stuff. We were in one shop and I saw Blake. With a girl. Wtf. My mum turned to see what I was looking at.
"Anna there's probably a reasonable explanation"
"There is he lied to me. I thought he loved me"
"Anna calm down it's fine"
"Why are you defending him? You know something don't you? Tell me"
"Anna just don't worry. Look she's wearing the store lanyard she works here"
"Oh yeah I just got worked up. I'm so stupid"
"No you're not. I get it"
"I'm guessing you know what he's doing and I'm not ment to know"
"Come on let's go"
"That's a yes then" I whispered following my mum.
We went for dinner in my favourite restaurant.
"Annabelle my beautiful daughter. Happy birthday and just remember how proud we are of you" my dad said.
"Why is everyone so proud of me? I've done nothing"
"Yes you have, everyday you make us proud"
"Thanks guys"
I got home put away all me new thing and through myself on my bed. I wonder what Blake has planned? I fell asleep like that.

I woke up with an arm around me. I turned to see Blake.
"Happy birthday gorgeous" Blake said and I smiled. I looked around my room and saw balloons on the ceiling. Rose petals across the room and on the bed. On my desk I saw 4 bags.
"Oh my Goodness Blake this is beautiful! Why did you do this?"
"Because I love you. Go. Go on open them" he said looking at the bags.
"Start at the left" Blake said.
"Oook" I said going over to them.
In the first one was a bag of different make up. All in my shades. "Awwh thank you baby. It's all in my shades too"
"It's ok, go on to the next one" I opened it. It was the dress I'd told him I'd loved last month. "Oh my.. Blakey thank you"
"Keep going" I looked in the next one there was a ring box I opened it and there was a Pandora princess ring.
"Blake it's gorgeous"
"Just like you, my princess. Look in the last one"
I did there was an envelope with Anna my love written on the front. I opened it and it was plane tickets, to Italy. After a second I put my hand over my mouth and face. I started crying.
"Anna are you ok? Don't you like it?"
"No! I love it! It's just you know me so well. How did you know I've always wanted to go to Italy?"
"You told me on our first date"
"You remembered that Oh My God you're the best I don't deserve you"
He walked up to me and hugged me tight. "Hey stop crying and get packing. Look when we're going" I looked and it said today's date at 3pm.
"Oh crap. I'm the worst. I forgot your birthday and didn't even get you anything I'm awful. Then you go do this"
"You had surgery. A major surgery. And I didn't so you can stop worrying"

I packed everything really quick and checked. I dragged my case downstairs and left it in the hallway. I'm ready for Italy how did I ever deserve such a caring, amazing guy.