Treatment

So treatment was good. Blake made it to most of them and when he did he'd hold my hand soooo tight. But of course tour got in the way of him coming to some. But he did call me right before and right after.
In one appointment Blake was with me.
"Ok Annabelle this is not good news. Your body isn't excepting all the treatment. Therefore it isn't stopping the tumor at a fast enough rate"
I was crying, I turned to Blake he was too.
"What does that mean then?" I asked.
"You will continue with this treatment as it's helping slightly, until you the operation to remove it"
"So she will definitely need the operation?" Blake asked.
"If she wants to live yes"
I was lying on the hospital bed with Blake next to me when I was having my treatment. I sat up and cried even more, Blake stood up and pulled me into him and put his arms around me. "When will I be able to have it?"
"Next month at the earliest"
So I was told about the operation, given a date and time. I'm so scared. It was a long operation, but Blake said he would wait there the whole time.

The day finally came around I don't remember much of it. I remember crying alot to Blake and that's it. I don't remember anything else. The operation took along time. And so would recovery.

The first thing I remember was waking up. I moved my hand slightly and opened my eye.
"Oh my God gorgeous you're awake!!"
"What time is it?"
"9am" Blake said and stood up he went to hug me then he moved back. "I don't want to hurt you. I'll go get the doctors and call your family" A few minutes later the doctor came in.
"Ahhh you're finally awake" He said "How are you feeling?"
"My head is killing of course but I'm ok really"
"Good. We'll get you some pain killer and get you sorted."
"Ok thank you"
Blake came back in. "I called your mum and she's coming with your dad"
"Thank you Blakey come here"
"Yes gorgeous?" I put my arms around his neck and pulled myself up so I could hug him.
"How long have you been here?"
"I came with you and haven't left"
"Blake that was 22 hours ago"
"I know"
"You need rest! Go home and rest please!"
"I couldn't leave you! I told your parents to go and I would stay till you woke up"
"Blake I beg you please go home you need sleep. I don't want to argue" the pain really got to me and I began to cry.
"Baby what's wrong?"
"It's killing me" the doctor came in and gave me some tablets.
"How long do I need to stay?"
"A few weeks just to be sure you're ok and healed"

Blake visited me every single day. He would hold my hand and talk to me. A few weeks later, Blake was talking to me and the doctor came in. "How are you feeling Annabelle?"
"Fine now"
"That's good then we think you can go home today, if you're feeling up to it?"
"Yeah I am"
"Great I'll get you signed out then"
He went out. I turned to Blake. "Oh my God baby you're coming home"
"I know" I tear went down my cheek.
"Baby what's up?"
"I can finally go home and be with you. And it's just before my birthday"
The doctor came back in. "Annabelle let's go through the dos and don'ts. So no alcohol, only take the tablets we give you no over the counter" he continued to list things. "And finally don't get pregnant. I know you're only 17 but I have to say it" and he smiled. "What if I am already"
"Wait what?" They both said looking at me.
"Just.... This is awkward... My period was due last week and I'm never late and well we have been..." I said looking at Blake.
"Ok ok ok. Is that it? Your period"
"Yeah"
"Umm ok some medication does have that as a side affect so I'll go and check you're not on one of those give me a few minutes" he went out the room and Blake turned to me.
"Anna why didn't you tell me?"
"I was scared. But I'm probably not. He said it could be a side affect"
"Anna please be honest with me I'm your boyfriend of nearly a year. I just want to keep you safe and I can't if you tell be everything"
"I'm so sorry" the doctor came back.
"Ok Annabelle one of tablet does have the side affect of period stopping"
I let out I sigh of relief and so did Blake.
"Oh thank God" we both said.
"We'll take you to reception and get the forms signed" the doctor said as we walked out"

"You're free to go" the receptionist said as I signed the forms.
"I've already called your mum she asked me to keep her updated so I have"
"Wait did you tell her about..."
"No I didn't. I think we should keep that between us yeah?"
"Yeah I think that would be best"

"Oh Anna!!" My mum yelled to me as we walked in the door. On my head there was a patch of missing hair less centimetre thick and 5cm across it was on the top of my head near the back so if my hair was positioned right or tied up you wouldn't even see it. "Oh my beautiful baby are you ok? How are you feeling?"
"Mum I'm fine, I'm fine"
"Oh good good. You go upstairs and get rested. Snuggle with Blake or whatever helps you sleep" she said smiling.
"Thanks mum" I said with a smile and with that Blake picked me up and carried me upstairs. He lay me on my bed.
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"What?"
"Anna you know what"
"I was scared like I've already said"
"Of what me? Your parents? My parents? What?"
"Of everything. My family would have killed me. Yours would too. And what if it want what you wanted and you you left?"
"Anna never think that. I'll never go. Didn't you think about how if you were, it would come out eventually?"
"No. Blake can we forget it? I don't want to talk about it. I'm not pregnant"
"Just promise me one thing"
"Anything"
"Tell me everything don't keep anything from me again"
"I wouldn't"
"Thank you. Now I'm going to go now let you sleep I know you didn't sleep well in the hospital beds" he started to walk out the door.
"Blakey no. Please stay"
"You need sleep"
"I can't sleep without you"
"Really?"
"Really"
"Fine I'll stay but only because I want you to sleep" he got in bed with me and snuggled up together. "I love you Anna"
"I love you too Blakey"
I woke up and I'd hardly opened my eyes when Blake said "hello my love"
"Hi Blakey"
"How are you?"
"I'm good how are you?"
"I'm fine my love"
"What's the date? I can't remember how long I was in hospital?"
"It's October 2nd"
"It's your birthday isn't it! I lost track of time! I'm so sorry! Happy Birthday Baby"
"Don't worry Anna. You just had major surgery"
"But it's a big on you're 18 now. I'm so horrible I can't believe I forgot. I'm so so so so so so so sorry! I love you baby"
"Baby stop worrying! I love you too!"
"What can we do? You're 18 we could go out drinking but I'm not 18 yet and I can't drink alcohol. We could get dinner? No you do that with your family don't you? We could go out for a joint dinner in a couple days in between our to birthdays. But still. Today what today?"
"Anna!"
"What?"
"Stop worrying!! It's fine you can come with me and my family tonight. But I've already got something planned for your birthday on Friday so don't worry!"
"Now I really feel like a shit girlfriend you've already got something planned and I bet it's amazing! And I basically forgot yours. The first one since we've been together."
"Anna please stop I love you it's just the celebration of me being a year closer to death. And I love you so much more than a stupid birthday"