Nervous

"How long did you know before you told me?" Blake asked me while I drank decaff coffee, apparently caffeine might harm the baby and we are taking no chances, God I am suffering.
"Only a few days. It was the hardest thing keeping it from you! When the test said I was pregnant I didn't believe it, I did like 10 to check it wasn't a dodgey test, and when they all said positive I was so happy"
"We need to tell our parents" Blake said nervously.
"We do, why do you sound so nervous?" I said smiling at him.
"Your dad might kill me"
"What?! My dad won't kill you! Why would you think that?"
"I knocked up his daughter or as he calls you 'his little princess' he'd murder me for getting his little princess pregnant"
"One. You didn't knock me up, you got me pregnant, we're married. And two, my dad has been hinting for months to me about grandchildren. So you'll be fine. My dad adores you he is so proud of you and everything you've accomplished"
"Are you sure?"
"He loves you! He calls you son, don't you remember his speech at our wedding, he loves you and is so proud of everything you do, he won't have a bad word said about you, there is very little you can do that would be seen as bad in his eyes. He'd be happy for us. I promise"
"When should we tell them then?"
"I was thinking today, we tell both of our parents"
"Are you sure?"
"Yes, I know if I try and hide it for a few weeks I'll forget the don't know and let it slip. I know they say keep it quiet until 10-12 weeks because after that miscarriages are less likely but that doesn't  include direct family so let's tell our parents, sisters and grandparents."
"I'd love that"

We were on our way to Blake's family home, Blake was nervous, I could tell he had his hand on my thigh rubbing his thumb.
"Blake it'll be okay, why are you scared? We wanted this, we've been trying for 2 years"
"I know, it's just telling my family. Why wouldn't I be nervous? My mum called me and she said yaya was there and my sister was on her way, she wanted a nice afternoon with us all. Perfect timing ay?"
"Perfect"

We sat down with his closes family sat around me. I know what Blake means about nerves now.
"Anna would you like a coffee?"
"If you don't mind, do you have decaff?"
"Um, I think so. I'll check for you sweetie"
"You alright? Why you ditching the caffeine, you live for it?" Abbie asked.
"Oh nothing just cutting down" I said smiling. Soulla handed me a cup.
"Here you go honey managed to find some"
"Thank you" We were sat talking for a while, then Blake put his hand on my thigh. He want to  say it now. I turned to him and nodded.
"So everyone, we have something to say"
"Is everything alright?" His mum asked.
"Yeah everything is fine" we smiled at eachother.
"You're going to be a grandma" Blake said to his mum. It took her a few seconds for he to realise what she'd just been told.
"YOU'RE PREGNANT?!" She said with a massive smile, she ran over to us giving us the biggest hug. "I'M GOING TO BE A GRANDMA" I'd never seen her more happy. The second Soulla let go of us Abbie was hugging us.
"Congratulations guys! I'M GOING TO AUNTIE ABBIE"
Blake's Grandma was sat the other side of me from Blake. She put her arms around me and gave me a huge hug. "Congratulations! I'm so proud of you and I'm proud to say you're part of my family Annabelle" She pulled away looking me in the eye with her hands on my shoulders "I am so excited to see this little one"
"Thank you Yaya"
"What took you so long? The way you were talking at the wedding you were desperate to get pregnant"
I looked at Blake with a what do I say sort of look. He was open and honest with his family, I didn't know if he wanted then to know this.
"Well yaya it's a long story, there were some problems but it doesn't matter now, we're going to be a family"Blake said, I smiled at him.
"I can't believe my baby boy is going to be a dad!" Soulla smiled. "I'm up for any babysitting!"
"As auntie Abbie I'm up for all babysitting"
"As your yaya I'm up for babysitting"
"Right, mum, Abbie, yaya, slow down they're not even born yet"
I quickly nipped to the toilet as I came out the toilet I saw Blake in the kitchen, I went over to him.
"Blake, I don't mind if you want to tell your family about what took us so long"
"I don't want you to feel uncomfortable"
"I don't mind, seriously"

"Yaya, the reason we took so long, it's because there was a problem, not with Blake but with me. I got told by the doctor's that it was going to  be difficult for me to get pregnant because my uterus wall had collapsed slightly"
"Oh Anna" she gave me a hug. "At least you're pregnant now! It's going to be the best years of your life, raising a child, it's the most rewarding thing I ever did"
We sat there just talking about everything to do with babies and pregnancy.

The drive to my parents was tense, I could tell he was nervous about telling my parents after everything that happened to me, or my parents freaking out at him. They never would, they love him, we're married and have been together 8 years. I don't know why he's worried.
"Hey mum" I said as she opened to door and gave me a big hug. "Where's dad?"
"Just sat down, your sister is here"
We went and sat down and were chatting, there was a moment of silence. I put my hand on Blake's leg.
"I'm glad you're all here, we have something to tell you" I smiled. "I'm pregnant" my dad didn't say a word, he stood up and went to Blake, straight faced. I saw Blake look scared.  My dad smiled. "Congratulations son" Blake smiled with a look of relief. He stood up and my dad instantly hugged him.
"And my little girl, you're going to be a mum" he kissed my cheek. "I know it's scary, but it's the most rewarding thing you'll do" he went and sat down.
"Annabelle" my mum stood and gave me a hug "Blake" She gave him a hug. "I am so happy for you two!"
"I'M GOING TO BE AN AUNTIE"
"Alright Beth calm"
"I dibs all the time with baby"

My grandmother was next she was, she was 95 and very sick, if she went and didn't know I'd never forgive myself.
"Hey gran, you feeling alright?"
"I've been better Annabelle, but how are you?"
"I'm good, we've actually got something to tell you"
"You okay sweetie"
"I'm pregnant gran" I said with a smile, she went to get up.
"No no granny don't" I went and stopped her.
"I'm so happy Anna I just wanted to show you something"
"What is it? Can Blake get it for you?"
"Yes, sweetie can you go to that draw and get the blue photo album" He did and gave it to her.
"This is an album of me and you when you were growing up" she showed my all the photos. "I'm not stupid Anna, I know I haven't got long left. I want you to have this, and I'm going to try and stick around so I can meet this little one"
*
"See Blake, I told you it would all be fine"
"I know, your dad didn't murder me so that's good"
"He never would have killed you even if you got me pregnant on our first date, I would have been pissed but he'd have got over it"
"Let's watch movies, and keep you rested"
"I'm not ill"
"No, but I'm not risking anything with this baby, we've wanted this for so long"