Welcome Home Baby

"Well Mrs Richardson looks like you can go home today" finally I can take my baby boy home, where he belongs. We decorated the nursery a while ago.
Blake was carrying everything and I was carrying little baby Harry. I couldn't help but coo over him the whole time.

*
"I think someone's tired" I was trying to get Harry off to sleep.
"I know he just won't get to sleep"
"I was talking about you"
"No I'm fine"
"Ann, you know I love you but you look like death you haven't slept in weeks"
"That's because I haven't but I can't sleep I haven't had time to put milk in bottles and put in the fridge. So if he gets hungry you can't feed him can you?"
"I'll look after him while you do that then you can go to bed"
"I don't want to leave him"
"I'm his dad I'll look after him with everything I have. He loves playing with his dad. Come on you'll have to leave me with him eventually"
"Alright fine, I'll get bottle sorted for him"
Finally sleep, more than 5 minutes without being interrupted by our baby's cry.

Blake's P.O.V
"Hello baby boy" I was holding him rocking him back and forth, bouncing him slightly. I put him down into his cot slowly. I sat with him while he slept so I could calm him down straight away if he started crying. It didn't take him long before he was.
"Come on baby" I picked him up. "Come on baby, what's up?" Obviously he can't answer me. "Please mummy is trying to sleep, you've been keeping her up all night, looking after you is tiring" I usually can get him to sleep talking to him, not today. "You hungry?"
I carried him downstairs to get his bottle from the fridge. As I fed him he stopped crying. Finally.

"Wanna go see grandma?" I asked little Harry as I dressed him. I took him on a short walk to my mum's house.
"Blake" she gave me a hug. "And Harry" she said smiling at him in his pram. "Can I pick him up?"
"Of course" she started talking to him in a baby voice.
"Where's Anna is she alright?"
"Yeah she fine, just this little one has been keeping her up, at the end of pregnancy then he keeps her up all night long when I get up she's already there putting him back to sleep. I told her she needed to catch up on sleep so I brought him here away from her so she can sleep"
"Aw first time parenting is so hard. He looks exactly like you when you were born"
"Is that a complement?" I laughed slightly.
"Yeah, he's your image" she's right he is. Dark brown hair and eyes, same face shape, same mouth but Anna's nose. "You did well my son" she smiled at me. "I set up a cot in your old room for when you want to put him down"
"Thanks mum"
"Mum!" I recognize the voice of my sister. "I just passing and thought I'd call in"
"In here"
"Hi! Aw hi Blake and little Harry"
"Wanna hold him?"
"Do I want to hold my super cute baby nephew? Of course!" I gently gave him to her.
"Hey little guy" she rubbed his cheeks. "You know what Blake? You did a good job, he looks just like you"
"Yeah a lot of people have said that" I laughed.
"But unlike you I like he's super cute" she smiled, I smiled back. "Where's my favourite sister?" She asked.
"She at home, he's been keeping her up in pregnancy and now he's here he's keeping her up too. I try and get to him but she's always there first. I told her sleep and I'm having him all afternoon"
"Who knew such a little baby could make so much noise?" As if on que he started crying.
"I think he's hungry. Do you want to feed him?" I asked my sister.
"I'd love to" I handed her the bottle. "Awh he really cute"
"He's not at 3 in the morning refusing to sleep, I do love him though"

"Hi Danny" I said Anna's dad as he opened the door.
"Hiya son and little Harry" he smiled coming round and looking into Harry's pram, he was peacefully sleeping. He put is arm around my shoulder. "You did a good job my son"
"Everyone's been saying that" I smiled.
"Dan who's at the door?" Her mum called.
"Blake and Harry"
"There's my son and grandson" she pulled me into a big hug.
We all went and sat down. "So you're on dad duty I see"
"Yeah, she's super tired. So I told her I'd have him for the afternoon she can sleep"
"Awh that's so sweet"
I heard Harry start to stir from his sleep, I went end picked him up.
"He is the cutest little baby ever, can I hold him?" She asked.
"Of course" I handed him to her.
"Hello again little Harry. I'm your granny and I'm always here for when you fall out with mummy and daddy. And that's your grandpa he'll be the funniest thing in your life for 15 year then he will go mental" That grandad bit is a 2008 Russell Howard reference 😉😉
"I think the Richardson genes were definitely stronger than the Brooks ones. He's just like you!"

I walked in the door. No Anna. She must still be asleep.

"Hey little boy" I was cradling him in my arms. "Shall we invite Uncle Reece, Auntie Sophie, Uncle George and Auntie Amy around for tea?"
He started crying. "Awh baby come on, I can't feed you there's no bottles left. I don't want to wake mummy up." I'd just changed him, it can't be that.
"Ann?" I whispered.
"Yeah" I whispered half asleep.
"I hate to wake you but he's hungry and there's not bottles left"
"Oh um pass him here"
Anna's P.O.V
"Oh um pass him here" I said. I hadn't fed him properly in front of Blake. I don't know why. I'd always made bottles while baby was with Blake. I just didn't like my body since I'd given birth. I sat up on the bed, and held Harry.
"Baby?" He asked.
"Yeah"
"Do you want me to go?"
"Um ye- No you don't have to"
"Babe, if you don't want me in here it's fine I get it"
"I don't like myself anymore"
"What? You're perfect to me"
"I hated my old body all of it, but right now I'd do anything to have it back"
"Anna, you're beautiful body gave us our son. If it wasn't for your body I wouldn't be a dad. I think you're beautiful. It's perfectly natural to breast feed a baby, even if you feel it embarrassing and want me to go"
"I should feed him. Just stay and talk to me" He sat down next to be on the bed, holding my hand. I opened my shirt and started to feed him.
"So I was thinking we could have everyone round tonight"
"Awh that does sound really nice, I love hanging out with them"
"I'll call them I think they're free. I was thinking maybe a dinner, movies, sweets. All that good stuff we used to do."
"Awh that does sound amazing"